Original topic:

After upgrade to Android 11 my S10e has problem in recoignice my fingerprint

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 7:34 AM)
userDwJ5UxPBPG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi out there 

I just upgraded my S10e to samsung Android 11 release - and after that i have my lockscreen and applications such as lastpass and my homebanking which cannot recoignice my fingerprint - they immidiately prompts that i have to wipe my fingerprint-sensor - which i of course carefully have cleaned just to verify if this in fact should be the case - but no difference 

Has other this problem also after upgrading to Android 11?

0 Likes
14 Replies
userH3x8tpaOMJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yep, experiencing the same issues after the update. 

0 Likes
daWulf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here after update. Wasn't working, won't scan to set new. Used to be successful scanning most times to unlock and all times when unlocking a secure app. Tried rebooting and cleaning both the screen and thumb with alcohol. Note 10+ here
0 Likes
Pablo12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have a new s20FE that was upgraded to android 11 in mid-January 2021. Fingerprint sensor worked fine until that upgrade. Tried to reset and re-register thumb and index finger with no success. This was after cleaning phone and my hands.
Bought this at Best Buy and salesperson installed screen protector that same day. The fingerprint register worked fine back then December 2020.
Has anyone with this problem found a solution.
0 Likes
Kasazza
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same for me.

Removed ALL the FINGERPRINTS, disabled the lock system, and re-enabled with some fingerprints.
But I unlock successfully the phone by fingerprint only 1 time over 10-15 retries!

Luckily I have very few apps locked by fingerprint...

I hope not to need to completely factory reset the phone!

0 Likes
daWulf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
FYI - Finally got it to work recently, by entering the scans at a very quick rate. I still have the glass protector I've used since purchase installed. Support wanted me to remove it, but at $40 I'll be danged if I'd do that. One thing I've noticed over the year I've owned my 10+, the fingerprint reads much better after a double tap, than when the screen is black. Also, the app unlock scan is much more consistently successful than the phone unlock. IDK if security is reduced, or the background for app unlock is just better for the scan. Seems the brighter the background, the better the scan, so adjust your wallpaper accordingly.
0 Likes
daWulf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Received the February update last night, and was hopeful it addressed the entry and scan issues. Same exact problems still occur. There is less than a second available to start entering a new fingerprint. You need near Olympic speed to get started. Once started you have to scan at 200wpm rate to complete a scan, or it starts prompting you that you are doing it wrong.

Come on Sammy! Get this fixed for the love of G-d!!!
0 Likes
useruFCrSBLO1m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not a solution, just a workaround:

Make multiple scans with the same (right fore)finger., preferably at high speed finger touching. Use the function "check added fingerprints"  to verify that the scans are properly registered. Now with at least 3 different individual scans, the reliability is almost up to Android 10 standards.

[Samsung Galaxy S10e]

0 Likes
daWulf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, I've had all 4 scans of the same finger most of the time I've owned mine. Only way I've been able to use it consistently.
0 Likes
useruFCrSBLO1m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dunno if this helps but I used my 4th leftover fingerprint to scan my pink and believe it or not, this one turns out to be alot more reliable...

0 Likes