Original topic:

All photos prior to 1/10/21 GONE

(Topic created on: 2/25/21 8:54 AM)
userIJ3hDF7ilw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have looked through forums and apparently this is a widespread problem. Over 1k photos GONE. No, they are not in trash. No, I did not delete them. Just poof! This has happened sometime in the last couple of days. I noticed it yesterday. 
I have noticed it happening before - here and there on a smaller scale. Random things that I was sure I had a photo of....or something I had download. I back up to Google photos so I can usually go find it there. But over 1k?!?? 
I'm not seeing any responses from Samsung about this and it needs to be addressed immediately!
0 Likes
7 Replies
userMSS99eyy3Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
that happened to me also
0 Likes
userIJ3hDF7ilw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung needs to respond because this is stupid. I'm nowhere near my storage limit.
I learned my lesson about backing up to the cloud a long time ago. But I shouldn't have to go download 1k photos again because Samsung doesn't know what's happening.
Also I HATE OneDrive and I'm annoyed that we are being forced to use it and I suspect it's the conversion that's causing this problem.
userMSS99eyy3Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes I totally agree I had nowhere near storage capacity Hundreds and hundreds of work photos gone
TheTroutinator
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
did you all update to android 11? also was the photos on the internal storage or sd storage ?
userIJ3hDF7ilw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I did, but oddly the photos didn't disappear until a couple of days ago. I updated sometime in January.
They were in internal storage.
The other odd thing is that none of my screenshots or downloads are gone. I have an album from a vacation that I downloaded from Google drive and all of those photos are still there.
It's only actual photos I've taken. So just the Camera folder and any of those photos that I had sorted into albums.
0 Likes
feliciap
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I need help getting my photos
0 Likes
userIJ3hDF7ilw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was not able to find most of mine. I did download DiskDigger and found a few of them. So that's worth a shot. It's a free app.
We're you backing up to any of the cloud services?