cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: Always On Display Always Turning Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAEKotNkSB6

If you go to Settings>Display you should be on the screen shown in that screen shot in the post above yours. You'll see Always On Display, and even Night Clock there to be toggled on or off.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user0XsJIgKvsp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is definitely NOT SOLVED.  I don't have a screen protector.

The only trend I've noticed is when I reboot the phone, the setting is turned off.

First, it would be ridiculous if a screen protector tripped this setting.  Plain ridiculous.

Second, it's NOT the screen protector.  It's something in the reboot process (and possibly other situations; mine seems to turn off every couple of days).

usercSj74SXySV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same here on my Note 8, no screen protector and a reboot fixes it for a day or 2. Always on display is set to Always show (no timers etc). was working fine until a few weeks ago, I haven't changed any settings.
Chipstopher
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But why though. I keep my phone in a pocket on my shirt and like every few times i unlock my phone it isnt there 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Chipstopher, can you explain the exact symptom you are experiencing? Can you also, provide me with the model number of your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userd39B9kBQkL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Symptom? You're with Samsung for goodness sake! Aren't you supposed to be IT?? 😂

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there @userd39B9kBQkL, we moderators do have the ability to take users through basic troubleshooting steps as well as set them up for service repairs/exchanges. However, we do need a detailed list of the symptoms users are experiencing with their devices to best help.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userXW9CAtV4gz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue on my note 8 I figured out it has a sceduleded timer make sure in the always on display settings it is set to show always if it has a timer it will stay on and go off during that period hope this works Smiley Happy

revird
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I have been trying to work this out for days, I like the darker apps samsung has in the night mode, turned the night mode off and my AOD works all the time. thanks for an easy fix.

@userWcZcEozFZe wrote:

Turn OFF the night clock on the picture below and you should be fine.

Worked for me 😊

userrnlDi9CMb3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was enjoying the Always On display on my brand new, 1 week old Note 8.

Same experience as your's: Out of the blue, Always On display stopped working.

I started playing with the Settings.

I also noticed a red noteflag on Settings that I couldn't get rid of.

It had to do with some sort of Samsung Update, which I clicked on.

Then I  tried a few things that other previous users mentioned, didn't seem to work.

Finally, I went to Display Screensaver and turned it OFF.

Then my Always On Display came back.

I guess I accidentally made it work again.