cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservSM7ThdY0I
Constellation

Re: Always On Display Always Turning Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my Samsung S8+ after updating Android to v.8.0 the issue "Always On Display Always Turning Off" solved by uninstalling all updates for "Always On Display" appl (go to Play Store to do this). Thereafter the application automatically updated to the latest version but the issue has gone completely.

No other ways to solve it helped.

mdavidf
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ardtirona wrote:

I had the same issue on my note 8.so I went to settings, Accessibility

Dexterity and interaction and then turn off easy screen. 

Issue Solved. 

This worked for me! Thank you!

userM78ohbe18f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A5 2017. I had this trouble and noticed that it was happening at the same time of day every day. GO TO THE ALWAYS ON DISPLAY SETTING, TURN IT OFF THEN BACK ON. Somehow it was running to the schedule that you see when you turn it off, even when it was turned on!  Noticed soon after Oreo update.

userseyJL0ExNA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

afraid this hasn't worked for me, nor any of the other solutions thus far.... very sad.

userkGJHSi8kJn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As soon as I UPDATED MY PHONE it started giving me problems. Since I UPDATED I no longer have a clock on my screen......

userjubWuXQnsS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I FINALLY found a solution after countless worthless posts trying to fix this problem! If you have the Talkback app, turn it OFF or unistall because that was what interferedwith my ALWAYS ON DISPLAY even though it was turned on!

userBQDmvfSCCW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No solution found. Accepted solution is incorrect for a brand new undamaged phone or for a phone that has no cracks in the screen. 

After latest update, AOD no longer stays on, but shuts off after random intervals of inactivity. In other words, it could be after being idle 5 minutes or 3 hours. This problem did not exist until after the latest update, April 2018. Currently S7, Android 7.0, kernel 3.18.31-12142063, on T-Mobile service.

Just a note, every update has also caused keyboard swipe to continuously get worse and worse as well causing auto-correction to spell non-existent words. Example, "then" congress up as "thrn" and swipe for "in," "I'm," "on," etc, to leave only an I...

A real solution would be appreciated. 

Sadelfjo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing for me. If I uninstall the latest update, it functions fine. Within a day or two, the phone does an update and a.o.d. is off again.

user1WozFPbOMO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The solution is in the aod settings, you can set when it goes on and off so that it's not on while your asleep........BOOM......SOLVED😎

tenerlin1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!!  This worked for me!  Smiley Happy