JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 11 breaks FM Radio on S10+

(Topic created on: 2/26/21 12:07 PM)
Scottyabc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

FM radio on Nextradio is not working after updating to Android 11. When I was searching for phones, FM Radio was a mandatory necessity. Now it doesn't work. I live in the middle of nowhere, cell service is spotty, so I listened to live FM radio while working in the yard. I know Apple tends to purposely break things when they update software...is Android now doing the same thing trying to get people to buy new phones?

Any hotfixes? Do I need to revert back to Android 10?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe the apps hasn't been updated yet to work on the latest firmware. If you update it and it still doesn't work, clear app cache and data to see if that resolves the issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe the apps hasn't been updated yet to work on the latest firmware. If you update it and it still doesn't work, clear app cache and data to see if that resolves the issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes
rcktmiller
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am experiencing similar issue in that my FM steaming on Chrome stops every 3 or so minutes now that update loaded making it unusable for streaming. Appears to be related to screen going to sleep because I do not have the issue if I'm using or working on the phone for extended periods.
0 Likes
userDHnsYgV2Hk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm in the same boat. I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung and they had no idea how to fix it. The FM radio was a huge selling point for me. I'm not interested in streaming all day.
0 Likes
mrecom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Any changes in the last month+?
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes