JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto does not stay connected on my car.

(Topic created on: 4/2/20 5:00 PM)
useryFUOttfSep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a 2016 Huyandai Sonata and a Galaxy s10e that I have been using successfully Android Auto until March 26, 2020.  Now it starts to connect and then fails on the screen of my car.  Android Auto will work on the phone but will not connect to the car.  I have tried different cables and same results.  It seems to have occurred after the upgrade to Android version 10.  I am running Android Auto version 5.1.500644-release.

How can I correct this and start using Android Auto on my Sonata?

Thanks...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useryFUOttfSep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The problem was Podcast Addict.  I uninstalled it and now Android Auto stays connected to my car.  YAY!!!!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
TyPeek80
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Sorry about your problem.

Did you update the Android versions on both the phone and the car?

You may also have to restart both. You should restart your car screen. Also, delete Android Auto from your phone, turn off bluetooth, restart the phone, download Android Auto and then turn the bluetooth back on and try to connect.

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
useryFUOttfSep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

1.)  My S10e is running Android version 10 and on that version Andriod Auto is part of the OS so there is no way to uninstall Andriod Auto.

2.)  How do you update the Andriod version on my 2016 Huyandai Sonata?

BTW.  I am seeing posts regarding cars not being able to connect to a phone's Andriod Auto after the upgrade to Andriod version 10.  That seems to be what happened here as until recently, everything was working fine.  The only thing that is different is that the phone upgraded to Andriod version 10.  Could that be the issue?

Thanks....

0 Likes
Solution
useryFUOttfSep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The problem was Podcast Addict.  I uninstalled it and now Android Auto stays connected to my car.  YAY!!!!!

View solution in context

0 Likes