Original topic:

Android System Webview

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 03:07 PM)
mtnman8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I own a S10+. I have uninstalled the Android System Webview app a million times,  I have deselected "enable auto update," and it keeps randomly installing itself. HOW can I get this to stop?! So ridiculously annoying...
0 Likes
7 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@mtnman8 Why are you trying to remove this?

Android WebView is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android apps to display web content.

0 Likes
mtnman8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It causes my phone to malfunction. Apps crashing or not functioning properly, etc
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@mtnman8 It's a core part of the platform. I really doubt that webview is causing the issue on your phone. It is probably a 3rd party app causing your issue. 

Have you tried booting in safe mode? If the phone works fine while booted in safe mode, you know that a 3rd party app is causing the issue. 

0 Likes
mtnman8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
As soon as I uninstall it, my phone works properly. When it starts acting up again, I go check and it's re-installed. I have zero doubt it's caused by webview.
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@mtnman8 Post the bug in Samsung Members app. 

1. Click on Get Help
  2. Click on Error reports and fill in the necessary fields. 
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Disable play store
0 Likes
lannyrico
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I might aim for a factory reset if you're still getting this issue. Of course backup your data but I would go over the 3rd party apps you have installed. The web view app is designed to work in the background without interfering. I'd also check how much of your storage is being used. I noticed on my S8 that the more storage I used the more slow my phone became.
0 Likes