JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android auto not working

(Topic created: 06-15-2019 03:16 AM)
userD77k9LC3KX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Alpine aftermarket stereo and my Galaxy S10 will not work with Android auto. I have tried the cable that came with my phone and multiple USB cables I brought. Only thing it does is charge the phone. Can anybody help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userD77k9LC3KX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured out what the issue is. Use your cable that came with the phone and plug it directly into the back of your radio. Working great!😊

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
userD77k9LC3KX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured out what the issue is. Use your cable that came with the phone and plug it directly into the back of your radio. Working great!😊

View solution in context

userUTDv9wThDR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not a sloution, back of the radio not taking out a factory head unit to attempt this nonsense.  Really tired of the non solutions both here and at google.  

userf9nXTYUh01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Set batteri to "optimized"

Worked for me!

Samsung_LZYa8kB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I was having the same issue with my unlocked Galaxy S10 and the workaround that I found is that I have to manually switch my usb connection type on my phone to MIDI every time I plug my phone into my car if I want to use Android Auto.  This used to work automatically when I plugged my phone in, but the cable I was using got destroyed.  I bought a Samsung OEM replacement usb-c cable and that's when I began having issues.  Has anyone had this issue and found a way to get their S10 to work automatically?

0 Likes
user1ccWBm0w4l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This does not work. Does anyone know a solution?.. WHAT IS SAMSUNG DOING ABOUT IT?

0 Likes
user1ccWBm0w4l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S10 Note and it will not stay connected to Android Auto on my new Pioneer head unit AVH Z5200DAB. I had a Galaxy S9 Plus before and it worked perfectly with Android Auto.

When I connect it works for a moment or two but then I get a message on the head unit screen saying something like "To use Android Auto, Stop the Car and check the phone"

When I check the phone there is nothing showing as an issue. 

I believe therefore that the fault is with Samsung but I have been in touch with them and they say, "There is no known fault" with the S10 note not connecting with Android Auto.

I have also contacted Google about it but to date there is no reply. 

I have tried all these suggested solutions so far.

*Reset phone to factory

*Reinstalled Android Auto on the phone

*Reset Pioneer Head Unit to Factory

*Tried using different USB cables including the Samsung cable

Samsung and Android Auto (Google) need to work this out. It is a known issue as there are numerous other forums with people having similar problems. 

Any solution you have tried that works would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
user1ccWBm0w4l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OK. Finally!!

I uninstalled Android Auto on the Galaxy S10note.

Then I checked if there were any updates to GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES. There were one. So I opened Settings then Apps, then selected Google Play Services and found that it was blocked to all PERMISSIONS. 

So I selected Allow to everything. 

I then reinstalled the Android Auto app and it is now working. I will monitor for a longer drive but it was working OK for at least 30mins today. 

Hope this helps someone👍😉

0 Likes
user9bYiya3a7L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do you uninstall Android Auto, on my S10 it is factory installed and I can only disable it or force stop it, did both to no solution to Android Auto not working.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user9bYiya3a7L Have you tried uninstalling the app through the play store?

0 Likes