cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevInInNJ
Astronaut

Re: [Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display *UPDATED 03/15*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed this discussion after my phone started displaying the pink line one morning, and my phone is in perfect condition with no physical damage.  One morning the pink line appeared before I even removed the phone from it's wireless charging station.  

I am out of warranty, but I'm determined to get Samsung to either replace my screen or to offer those of us with affected phones a program to get an upgraded model upon trade-in. 

This is clearly a design defect in a device that should last for many years.  I feel bad for those of us whose phones have physical damage to their phones, which is making this even more difficult to get Samsung to acknowledge the problem, but for those of us like me who have no physical damage whatsoever, this is even more aggravating....  I kept my phone in perfect physical condition: I paid attention to the phones temperature, never sat with the phone in my pocket (avoiding crushing it otherwise deforming the frame); I was careful to keep the phone ventilated when using the Gear VR headset, I prevented deep discharge of the battery and disabled fast-charging to extend the batteries service life; I took every precaution possible to protect and extend the life of my phone, then I find a pink line on my screen one morning..... I'm very disappointed.

If everyone with an affected phone could post details about their phone, we might be able to determine if there was a specific batch of screens or a specific batch of phones that were affected; maybe a specific range of serial numbers or a certain production date range will appear....  I think that if we find something common among the affected phones hardware or their production details, it might cause Samsung to issue a recall or at least repair our phones free of charge?

I'm not an expert, but I imagine with serial numbers, firmware versions, diagnostic test results and/or other user-accessible data, we should be able to identify a common trait among affected phones.  If someone knowledgeable in this topic can advise us, maybe we can create a place for everyone to post their phones details and get instructions on what info to post.

Paying nearly $800 for a phone that has a design defect that (often only) appears after the warranty expires is unacceptable.. especially when it's a problem with the screen.

usertY5MGSEQTj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my S7 edge for nearly 2 years now, since April 2016. I had a screen replacement in Aug of 2016 because it suffered a bad orange line going vertically across the right hand side of the screen. Recently I dropped my phone on a cold hard floor, it had a case on, there were no bumps or scratches of any kind, even the screen was fine, I put my phone back in my pocket, drove home. When I got home, I took my phone out of my pocket and it had the green-pink line going across the bottom of the screen. Took it to Samsung, repair team had a look and determined that it had some sort of impact, due to the screen having dead pixels in the bottom left of the screen. (never noticed this before I went in store) Hope this helps. Thank you. 

useryIYGuRUcTf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought one of the first S7 Edges and my warranty expired on 6/21/2017. I am getting the intermittent pink line that goes away for a few minutes/hours if I push down near the front camera.

Just called samsung and they said it will be $70.31 out of warranty to repair the device, but possibly more depending on what the technician finds in his evaluation.

What are the chances that it will be fully fixed for $70.31? These failures seem common enough that there should be plenty of reports on the cause and repair.

I really don't want to be without a phone for a couple weeks only to get a call back from Samsung saying it will be more than that.

With the S9 coming out soon the S8's should be on discount, part of me just wants to sell it as is and buy a used S8.

userIYBZo3yYrK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

OK, about 100 pages (!!!) of compaints about the same pink line problem (at the same location on all phones) in Samsung forums.

Over 1300 people in a facebook group complaining about the same pink line. (PLEASE JOIN TO HELP THE CAUSE)

Many so called "solutions" to run software color tests that sometimes fix the problem for a few days afterwhich it returns immediatly.

People ! Wake up ! this is a hardware problem - all tech forums show proof that there is a weak soldering on the s7 Edge screen that causes this.

Samsung will repair this in some countries for you but only if there are no scratches on the front or back of the phone - this should have been a recall - this is not customers fault.

If this was a customer issue the line wouldn't appear in the same color in the same spot for thousands of phones in this series.

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

deepowl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S7 Active started showing the pink line last week. I tried the *#0*# fix...didn't work.

Didn't buy the phone through my carrier so there's never been a warranty. What am I supposed to do on this?

Highlighted
user55ecdFlN6z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I've had my s7 edge since May 2017....yesterday, out of the blue, these pink & green vertical lines, smudges, shadow type images showed up, all over my display screen....I also noticed the screen is also faded. My question is, since I've had my phone for more than a year, will the issue be fixed, courtesy of Samsung, since it seems to be an issue with several other s7 edge owners? Or are they possibly considering doing a recall?

user55ecdFlN6z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, I've had my phone since May 2016, not 2017

userYd5b3bKflM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought mine in April 2016 and my pink line appeared in May of 2017. Right after the warranty expired.

I called Samsung and they had me do the #0# trick- didn't work.

They told me send in my phone for evaluation (cost) to fix it.

Who can afford to be without their phone for any period of time?

I will not be paying $800 for one of their products again!

userM7au11uRDr
Astronaut

[Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display *UPDATED 03/15*

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hablas español
userIDYLFGXudD
Astronaut

[Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display *UPDATED 03/15*

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks