cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

[Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display *UPDATED 03/15*

JUMP TO SOLUTION
> 03/15: For those who sent their devices in, got them repaired, sent back, and found after a little while the lines came right back. Please update this thread with your postings on the matter. Let us know the timeframe this occurred, and exactly how long it took before the lines reappeared.

> 03/15: If anyone has sent in their device for repair, and has been turned away, or told to pay since out of warranty, please update this thread with your postings. Please make sure to include the details surrounding what your scenario was, and what timeframe this happened around.

Hi all –

Just wanted start by saying thanks for the patience everyone has had regarding this issue. You've all been great in providing me with the information I've asked for.

The best solution as of now still remains to contact our Support Teams to setup a service request for your device. You can reach them at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864).  
( Anything outside of the US, please reach out to your Regional support line-http://www.samsung.com/global/support/globalcontact.html )

If you run into any issues with that process, please let us know.  As I'm updated with new information, keep any eye out here for that, as I will be continuing to support through here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: [Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display *UPDATED 03/15*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userKQSN9LBP4v I understand how this is frustrating but I'd like to help. I would recommend reaching out either to myself or to one of other mods in Private Message to see about setting up an evaluation and repair for your device. You can also reach out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungsupport), by calling 1 (800) 726-7864 or using the Video Chat feature in your Samsung Plus+ app.

View solution in original post

140 REPLIES 140
userAxRSWfTVtv
Astronaut

Re: [Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks
M.e
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really appreciate you taking the time to update on what you were told. I'll make sure to convey this to our CM so that we can see what more information we can get about that. I know for the most part they're still going to check for direct physical damage, but this specific problem is very precise, so if specifying that on terms of repair might help out with streamlining the process. Just something that would be nice, but I'll make sure to push that idea.

In the meantime, you may want to reach out to your carrier and let them know you will have to send in your device, but you don't want to be without one for that long period of a time. Sometimes they're able to work with you and provide a loaner device, at least from what I've heard from other folks. Just a long shot, but I'll also see what I can find out what can be done about that downtime folks won't have a hone available.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userybSIG8VMcl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is it physical damage when it happened after an update?  Plus if there is water damage when the phone is water resistant how is that our fault?

BrOOklynGiRL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
True words!💯
userPdTEYUCqJ9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the pink line down the right side. It started back in June and I was out of warranty for about 2 months. I contact Samsung and of course they said there would be a charge of $175 to replace the screen. Not only did they want to charge me they never contacted me after thry diagnosed the problem. The repair center said they called and sent an email which I never received. When I contacted them because I had not heard anything for a while they had already sent the phone back not repaired. This is very frustrating for such a wide spread problem and $800 phone.

user4XjrdmiGbn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Folks, the answer is that this is a manufacturing defect.  Period.  Since the pink line can appear at any time, for no reason -- including after your warranty has expired -- Samsung should just automatically fix this whenever it occurs.  They created a faulty, extremely expensive device.  It is their responsibility.  Apple has had this issue with a couple of products, and were honorable:  they simply replaced the defective part, for free, even years after the warranty had expired.  It has nothing to do with mistreatment of the device; it's a design issue.  So, for them to deny service based on a few scratches, or even water damage, is simply a ruse:  they're hoping to save a few bucks by holding the customer reponsible for a defect that was latent in the phone from day one.

I am a journalist, and am considering writing an article about this. It's disgraceful.  Note that there is a Facebook group, and talk there about a class-action lawsuit.

userIiQsj23nUo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
because it's water RESISTANT not proof, that's the catch.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So usually with the evaluation, they have various tests they run that verify certain stress points on the device themselves. For the most part, I know a lot of folks with this specific problem have never dropped their devices, and have never taken any sort of physical damage. It's just something they check for, but I will make sure to bring up with our CM like I said. 

As far as water resistance goes, yes, it has the ability to take a dip or splash with no problem based on the IP rating of the phone. That does not mean it's completely impervious to water damage. When the water reaches those internal components, there's that little indicator with the red x's inside that let you know whether that water as reached that point. Does this mean it's 100% broken at this point? No. But it does indicate that the device has taken water that far, and very well could have underlying problems because of it.

userz9jirGJX2z
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
T-Mobile US and MSN the best of both worlds and friends Amen and MSN the best of both worlds and friends Amen.