Original topic:

Anti-Virus Web Shield Keeps Turning Off

(Topic created: 05-19-2022 12:39 PM)
Mikecrad29
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Galaxy S10, model SM-G973U. Several to numerous times a day, my anti-virus software notifies me that the web shield is turned off and I have to go into Settings, Accessibility, Installed Apps to turn it back on.

I was originally using the free version of Avast Mobile Anti-Virus app and thought that the problem was with the app.  So I uninstalled Avast, cleared the cache for all of the apps on the phone, restarted the phone and reinstalled Avast. However, it kept doing the same thing. I then uninstalled Avast, cleared cache again, restarted the phone, and installed the free version of AVG for Android. However, the same thing keeps happening with AVG.

Sometimes I get notified that the web shield is turned off within minutes after turning it back on again. Other times, it is several hours before it gets turned off again. When I turn the web shield back on in the Accessibility settings, there is no "save" button to retain the setting.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

try using Nice Catch to see if it can detect what is causing settings change...? 

or you can Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

0 Likes
Mikecrad29
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have never heard of Nice Catch. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

0 Likes