cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Any DUAL SIM unlocked phone sold by Samsung US?

Hi, I've recently purchased UNLOCKED Galaxy s20 FE from the Samsung store US website, model SM-G781U1/DS.

The sim tray has SIM1 and SIM2/microSD written on it (photos), unfortunately, there is no SIM card manager in the phone settings. Checked everything - there is no DUAL SIM although the phone obviously fits two SIM cards.

Are there any unlocked DUAL SIM phones sold by Samsung in the United States

SIM tray frontSIM tray frontSIM tray backSIM tray back

8 REPLIES 8
Comet

Re: Any DUAL SIM unlocked phone sold by Samsung US?

Some apps are hidden as systems apps but SIM Toolkit should not be. Does it not recognize 2 SIMs? SIM 2 is hybrid so may be active only if a 2nd one is in.
Asteroid

Tried switching the sim cards - no result.

Even tried a FACTORY RESET and then restarted the phone with two US t-mobile working sim cards. Still nothing. It just shows the phone number from SIM1, whichever is in the slot. It doesn't show and doesn't work with the sim card inserted in SIM2/microSD. No dual sim manager in settings. Tried dialing and calling and even answering the phone - only the one inserted in SIM1 slot worked.

I'm really disappointed, I will be returning the S20 FE.

I was wondering if there is any US Samsung unlocked model that works with dual sim.

I understand that it might make sense not to activate dual sim in LOCKED phones for a specific mobile network. But what is the point in limiting dual sim in UNLOCKED phone? C'mon Samsung... so 2020. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
Comet

Re: Re: Any DUAL SIM unlocked phone sold by Samsung US?

I will check now that you're having this issue. I think you should return it.
Comet

Re: Re: Any DUAL SIM unlocked phone sold by Samsung US?

Do you see 2 IMEI numbers in About Phone->Status Information? If not, it may not be a dual SIM model. Just a mislabeled tray.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Any DUAL SIM unlocked phone sold by Samsung US?

There's one IMEI - but that's my point, selling a phone with disabled functionality makes no sense.
I assumed that the DS symbol in SM-G781U1/DS stands for Dual Sim, but obviously not in the US.

The same phone purchased in Europe would work with dual sim, as my old Galaxy s9 works.

My question is: are there any other Samsung models sold in the US enabled to actually use two sim cards?
Comet

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any DUAL SIM unlocked phone sold by Samsung US?

Fully agree. Yet to find a second SIM to test my Note. Will update once I get one.
Constellation

Same here.

Was hoping to utilize phone for old land line. it's a no-go.

I believe firmware has functionality disabled. Must be to appease carriers.

It stinks.

Using a pixel with eSim, it works...kind of.

Have my S20 FE 5G sitting in a drawer. What a waste of time and cash.

Should be a law.

Unlocked phones must have total functionality enabled.

What are we paying for...grrr.

Asteroid

Totally agree! I ended up returning my S20 FE because of the fact I couldn't use two sim cards.