cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9l4C4GBCqL
Constellation

7.0 Nougat is terrible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Leaving Samsung because of this F'ed up Nougat. HATE IT! Font to small, too many buttons to push to oust things, Takes to **bleep** long to navigate now.  Samsung made me hate my phone, because of this update and they did not offer us a way to revert back to Marshmallow, hello they didn't  even offer a Nougat tutorial to see if the masses wanted to update. 

Red Giant

Re: 7.0 Nougat is terrible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9l4C4GBCqL,

I am sorry to hear Nougat was not to your liking. We want you to love your phone. However, Nougat was not designed by Samsung. It is designed by Google and is on all Android devices (that it is available on). Samsung only slightly modifies it to fit their brand, but it is generally the same across all Android devices. There was no trial version of Nougat because once released by Google it is pushed to all the carriers and brands to be deployed to devices. 

Let me know if I can help in any way. 

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
userEU0miruTNR
Astronaut

Re: Any way to get 6.0.1 Marshmallow back? 7.0 Nougat is terrible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree HOW dare they change the phones! I bought th ephone for its looks and now its completely different and now today yet another update they change things! I WIL NEVER buy another Samsung phone

usern2UKjnsvCd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated, and now all sound calibration (bass, clarity, deep tones) are unavailable. So, if you're an audiphile, like me, don't

Really don't

userfXIPcGCgUo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the file you get from the stock download? if it is a .zip extract it,  rename it "just take off, .zip & add .tar instead save it,  it'll warn you that channing the name may make it not work,  but what they won't tell you also in some cases and this kind of case we'll make it work. Open your Odin your phone into download mode by holding down the down volume the power button and the home button from the device off position once it boots up into the blue screen it'll tell you some morning about custom operating systems hit the up volume put it into download mode connected to the computer if it's successfully connected and Odin is open you should see added pop up in the Note screen if you haven't already saved that modified .tar file somewhere where you can find it do so now... click on the AP button which could be PDA on yours depending on the Odin locate your .tar file through Odin, select it. Make sure in the options that everything except Auto reboot and reset time or unchecked those should be the only two checked. Don't ever screw around and pit and as far as I'm concerned any of the other ones unless specified. Once you have that ..tar fille in the AP window and it reads that there is a number in the binary window.  it should Now read COM: in the window above the open note window and it should still say added. If all of this is true,  hit start. Mine took about 15 minutes well maybe 10 then it successfully had a green bar all the way across the top and the loading bar on my phone was completely full the phone rebooted however it was in a boot loop. I used the button combination volume up power button home button after it had turned itself off before it rebooted when it rebooted I came up to the stock recovery which did not say DM Verity did a factory reset upon reboot I was presented with the T-Mobile white screen which was there for approximately another 15 minutes and my phone again Rebooted into the 6.0.1 version fully functioning.

tailgunner9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the PK1 files for AT&T S7      https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1-2HIFPat_JZDNzenA3UmJNc2c

userJ7Wrqe4sQX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

useraiMtAZehtE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved it myself! 

I easily Downgraded from the official OTA 7.0 T-mobile update to the official T-Mobile 6.0.1 firmware without rooting and without tripping the Warranty Void flag and without tripping KNOX or anything else. And I am now back on the official T-mobile 6.0.1 firmware. Not rooted, not unlocked, etc. It does require completely wiping your phone as if you just got it from the store. But it was pretty easy and works fine. I am now just setting everything up again from scratch.

Not sure if I am allowed to post the URLs. Here is the overview:

1. Backup anything you want on your phone manually to a computer like photos/videos, and with the Samsung Account phone backup online.
2. makes sure the phone is 80% or higher charge.
3. SD and Phone contents will be 100% lost and wiped. Samsung Pay will be cleared, fingerprints cleared, etc. Will be like store new.
4. Download the official T-mobile firmware for 6.0.1 "G930TUVU4APK1_G930TTMB4APK1_TMB.zip" , that is the file name for the T-mobile S7 (non-Edge) phone. Extract contents.
5. Download the latest ODIN app 3.12.3
6. If you have already used your phone on the computer, the drivers should already be in place.
7. Run ODIN.
8. Turn off your phone 100%, wait a few seconds to shutdown.
9. Hold Vol Down+Home+Power buttons for a few seconds. And when the screen comes on, let go. You should now see a screen warning about firmward. Press UP to continue to the Download Mode.
10. Now plug your phone into the PC with the USB cable. If drivers are in place, ODIN left side will say "added".
11. Press the button for BL, AP, CP, CSC. and load each file. For CSC choose the "HOME_CSC" file instead of the just CSC.
12. Press Start and wait. You will eventually get a greet box in ODIN. And when the phone reboots you can remove the USB cable.
13. You will now need to go into Recovery Mode to wipe the cache. Regardless of what the phone is now doing, likely a boot loop. Press and hold VOL UP+HOME+POWER to boot into Recovery Mode. You will have a back screen with a text menu. Navigate with vol keys and select with power button. Choose WIPE/FACTORY RESET. Followed by WIPE CACHE. Then choose the reboot phone option.
14. Phone will then have a white loading bar for a while. And should now boot to the factory new welcome screen where you pick the language and continue.

Overall pretty easy. Other than having to start from scratch. The only thing I am trying to figure out now, is how to get Android to stop asking me to upgrade again to 7.0!

MistaWin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi useraiMtAZehtE,

Where did you get the stock firmware to download? I miss the Edge color lighting which is removed on 7.0.. 

Thanks

userF2NxWpjpsg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know the steps for Verizon ? For example, how to get those firm ware from Verizon?