cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MistaWin
Constellation

Re: Any way to get 6.0.1 Marshmallow back? 7.0 Nougat is terrible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Search for sm g935V on sammobile.com and choose to download 6.0.1 firmware. Once downloaded, extract the zip file. Place the phone on download mode (holding power+vol down+home) while the phone is off..Use Odin to select the files extracted... Good luck  

user9x3ozdoVL6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see all of this complaining about 7 being painful but I'm loathing 6.0.1.  I had to get a replacement and went from KitKat 4.4.4 to Marshmallow (I had been hitting no to the update for like 2 years...).  It's aweful!  It basically hates all of my non-standard third-party apps.  I can't use two different apps because it automatically sets which ever you select the first time as default, uh sometimes I need two different ones...  

userakjusdulMh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi i tried to download from sammobile, it does not have ap, bl  and other files mentioned only one file that is, G920TUVU5EQC2_G920TTMB5EQC2_G920TUVU5EQC2_HOME.tar.md5 nothing else when extracted. im trying to downgrade to marshmallow for galaxy s6 t-mobile

MistaWin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

If you have the md5.tar file that means all the files are combined.. usually zip file would contains all the BL,AP,CP,CSC files but some of the time they are all combined onto .tar file. 

Before proceeding with any flashing, make sure you have successfully downloaded the full file and not just a corrupted downloaded file. Once confirmed then you can use ODIN and choose PDA button  to select the MD5.tar file.

For Galaxy S6, I've used Odin 3.04 

Best of luck.

userLUaWG1iV6Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem am having with my s6 t-mobile i wanna downgrade to marshmallow or lollipop but it can g920t

MistaWin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to sammobile. Download the firmware for s6 tmo. Use odin to flash. Good luck

usernjik8vWArR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope too complicated. Anythig easier?

useraiMtAZehtE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernjik8vWArR wrote:

Nope too complicated. Anythig easier?

No, nothing easier. Samsung/Carriers do not give he option to revert or downgrade. So there is no "easy" option for it. This process is actually pretty easy, but if it doesn't look that way to you then I wouldn't attempt it. I did a full write up and it worked for me. and I am still on 6.0.1 without issues, no rooting, and still have the stock firmware, etc.

userXF9xTK2cSS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any ideas where I might find a reliable copy of SM-G920A firmware?  Sammobile.com seems to have evey other one but this one.

SterlingDraven
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you know if this will work with a Verizon tablet sm-t377v? I need to flash the original firmware (android 6.0.1) that came with my tablet, but I'm new to flashing and unlocking bootloader. I'm not even finding information on that for my specific model, so if you could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.