Original topic:

App Player controls being overode on lock screen

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 5:22 PM)
FluffyBullMerda
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello! Out of nowhere, the media controls for apps like YouTube, Audible, Spotify, Stitcher and Overdrive on the lock screen have been taken over by something else. It is ONLY on my lock screen though. If I unlock my phone, the player controls are normal. I THINK its either the Devices and Media or the SmartThings but I'm not sure because I have never used either of those since I got this phone years ago. Whatever it is, it doesn't even work. I cannot long press on it nor can I swipe it either way to get the settings wheel to pop up. If I click on it and unlock my phone, it just takes me to the app I was using.  The only buttons that work on it are the play/pause button and it only has skip forward and back buttons besides and those are grayed out. Apps like audible have a rewind 30 seconds button and that's not even an option with whatever has taken over my media apps. I do not believe it is the music widget that comes up if you click on your clock because I have never enabled any of that.

I have done a recommended software update in the last week and a half so that could have done it. I have not changed any of my settings lately but have checked over them all to try and find the problem. I've done a soft reset as well as reset all of my settings and nothing fixes it. I tried contacting AT&T (my provider) to see if they have heard of this issue (they haven't) and Samsung IT but the person I talked to was a one trick pony and they directed me here. 

I really hope someone can help me because I do a ton of driving and I listen to a ton of audio books and podcasts. Having the player function on the lock screen in super convenient for how often I use these apps and honestly, this has completely ruined the functionality of all of them for me. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

14 Replies
Liliannax3
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
if you dowoad good lock and the lockstep app you should be able to remove it or atlases put it somewhere it doesn't bother. that's what I did
0 Likes
Liliannax3
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
you. an also go to setting > lock screen > widgets to remove it as well
0 Likes
userOsXpzd7PUz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There's nothing in Widgets about this matter.

0 Likes
userym391H8Is4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This used to work when I got the same problem a couple of years back (maaaaybe 2019?). But the same one that worked like a charm then doesn't do anything to fix it this time. (My settings were actually still in the "workaround" settings with widgets and notifications that worked back then, so obviously they're not doing the trick for me).

But it was a good suggestion! Just disappointing it doesn't work for me now!! 

0 Likes
userOsXpzd7PUz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Need to be careful which Good Lock to get, as there's one by Samsung in the samsung store and one not by samsung in the google play store. 

0 Likes
FluffyBullMerda
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Widgets isn't the answer. I checked it yesterday and nothing was selected. Weird thing is, the widget option is completely gone today. No idea how or why, it's just gone. Controls on the lock screen are still jacked up.

userucFptOgSeH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
the same exact thing has happened on my s20 fe! the media controls are broken. it's literally been driving me insane since they literally serve no purpose anymore, half the time when I pause something for a second and go to hit play the controls are gone from my lock screen.

same thing happens with casting netflix/hulu/disney+/ etc to my chromecast.

I don't want to have to unlock my phone every single time I want to hit play, or skip back or skip forward, it's so frustrating.
FluffyBullMerda
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any app that has lockscreen playback controls is being defaulted to whatever this nonsense player is. What's even funnier is that I ended up having to do a complete factory reset on my phone because so many of my other apps have been affected by the last update and it didn't fix anything. Then like 4 days after I did the reset, my widget button showed back up after having been gone for a week. It has literally made simple apps like smartnews completely useless because it will not notify me anymore at all,  no matter what I do. This software update basically tried to break my phone

0 Likes
userVcYAuM8jm5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My guy have you found a fix for this anywhere? Having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. 

0 Likes