cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRpdphiikDX
Constellation

Re: Apps are opening by themselves in the background

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That explained when the Kindle app opened on my phone earlier; I checked and it had just updated. 

However, Yahoo mail app remains a mystery.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache partition?

useroGIBrcOBXf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a user problem, this is a device or more likely an OS problem. I have a Galaxy S8 that I paid $800 for, got the Gear S3 watch too in my big switch from Apple... I have seen this very consistenly since updating to Oreo. I've tried all of the suggested troubleshooting steps and it continues to happen. When I unlock my phone, I'd say 25-50% of the time a random app is open instead of going to the home screen or wherever I left off. Sometimes it's apps I use, sometimes it's apps I haven't used in months (i.e., my son's school's gradebook, the app that controls my Christmas lights). Other times, and to me this is more intriguing, when I unlock my phone it opens to the messages app and (I swear I'm not making this up) auto-types "poop" in the message text box... That happens a few times a week (just happened about an hour ago). Note that I never use the word "poop" in any setting... It's actually a fairly frustrating defect and after seeing how many people this affects, I'm surprised Samsung doesn't care more about it.

userFuUMe83dy9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Agreed!! I have a Moto4 ( since 2017) and have the same issues described by the others on this thread.....only noticed this happening recently (Jan/Feb 2019).
userYAdnHxMOV6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I think it is the OS my S9 note was ok until a recent update.  No when I unlock my screen random apps are open.  All apps updated ......blah blah all the other stuff mentioned.  

So push android for the fix, as I said was ok up until I updated the OS.

userrhM1sdAKYz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems this problem is in every Samsung phone after update my galaxy note 5 has also started opening random apps after updating. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, could you try running your phones in Safe Mode to determine if this issue is still happening with your native apps? Keep us posted on the results. 

userenxVA4m9C9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just called Samsung, they couldnt fix it as well, they said it probally due to the new oreo system update. They will  report this and might have it fix on the next release. I think if anyone one has this problem, you should call them so they know many people has this problem, and they might prioritise it as well.

useroaKZtaEx0H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My system just updated this morning. I have 3 aps that just opened. 

userOYbqY1R0F6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having this exact same issue with my S7. Samsung needs to be shamed. For this model it's  been nothing  but a headache since I got it 2 years ago. I actually had to replace the original  so Thai is the replacement. This phone cost $800 I shouldn't have any issues. Was gonna upgrade to the s9 but now I'm gonna examine all my options. Maybe it's time for a IPhone since they are not having all these quality issues.