Original topic:

Apps

(Topic created on: 3/2/21 2:43 PM)
G-ProPIA
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is there a way to set an app up to go to main screen when you open it? It always goes to the last screen I was in, and I dont like that. Need it to go to the main screen,not some old screen that I meed to back out of.
6 Replies
Bakersman1976
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Press and Hold the apps you want then go down to the bottom of the screen while holding it. Then it'll take you to the main screen.
0 Likes
G-ProPIA
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I want to tap the app and have it open to the main screen, not where I left off. Other apps can do this, why not Samsung? Tired of backing out of where I was. Needs a setting. If anyone has a solution, let me know. Thx.
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If the app has a shortcut you can tap and hold on the app. If a list appears other than the usual select, remove or uninstall. Then you can tap and hold on one of those and drag it to the desktop. If only the usual select, remove or uninstall appears then I suggest closing the app from recents. You can either choose it when you are done with the app or before launching the app.
0 Likes
G-ProPIA
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So this doesnt work, but thanks. The app I am using is called Contacts. When I tapped on it, it went to the last number I added. that is no good. Most apps can be set to how u want em to open. Not sure why Samsung cant give us that option. Long pressing doesnt help. That gives me 2 options... Create new contact Or view your profile. nope and nope, but thanks. Any other ideas?
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So apps are saved in memory in case you were doing something and need to go back to it. Try hitting the recents button or swiping up recents and swiping contacts closed. When you open the next time it should open to main. That's the only thing I can think of.
0 Likes
G-ProPIA
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep, thatz all i can do. i need to back out instead of homing out or hotting home key. In other apps I have option of opening to main screen...like my email app. I like that. Not a fan of backing out all the time. itz an efficiency thing. Silly me wants to not waste time. lol
0 Likes