Original topic:

Are there preferences for the type of ads?

(Topic created on: 5/19/21 10:52 AM)
pinkbuttercup
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't want to see the violent blood filled ads for certain games. Can I turn that off? 
0 Likes
4 Replies
SSJBRUTUS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If it's an ad within a game, no you have to deal with it. If it's an ad from social media you can just click the 3 dots on the top right corner and say you don't like this ad. No guarantee it will stop them from showing up since social media is about money not the users. But that's the only way.
pinkbuttercup
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks. I am trying to figure out how to tell Samsung Galaxy App Store and Google Play Store to stop sending me ads for those types of games. I won't purchase them and I have none like them, so their algorithms are way off with me. If you have any ideas on that, I'm open.
0 Likes
SSJBRUTUS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to the play store. Click on your profile and click manage your Google account.
Scroll over to Data and personalization. Scroll down to ad settings. You can do some minor changes to your what you see, but its not going to let you choose specifically. It shows everything that your phone might show as an ad. You can turn off personalization. Which will always send random ads. Or you can go one by one and choose the topics you are okay with the the rest will be off
SSJBRUTUS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you do some basic searches here. You can see every one of your passwords and usernames for everything that is associated with that email
0 Likes