JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Are we violating our standards faster than we can lower them???

(Topic created: 04-14-2020 11:34 PM)
userDy2E7B0fu6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I posted a complaint and asked for a solution to getting rid of the "Samsung Daily" AGREE - only invitation when my S10 op sys was recently updated.  There was no obvious way to "decline". It's still sitting there waiting for me to agree everytime I swipe right on my home screen. See my post at https://us.community.samsung.com/ynzzy74688/board/message?board.id=Gethelp-GalaxyS10&message.id=6602... 

No one bothered to respond, but that's OK. I can live with being ignored.

What bothers me the most is that nobody in the S10 user community  seems to care anymore about what these big companies do to us. Many years ago, I used to work as a Tech Support manager for a  major computer manufacturer. Back then, even our marketing department couldn't get away with giving a user only one option:  AGREE or you will never be able to get rid of this screen invitation. It will haunt your device forever unless you first agree. Our tech support department would have made the marketing guys fix that.

I don't expect companies like Samsung to care. However, shouldn't we users care? Shouldn't we at least complain? Maybe I would have had more luck posting in the "Washer/Dryer" section of this community forum???

Trying to smile ... but it hurts ...

- Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userDy2E7B0fu6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

CLF -

THANK YOU! It worked, but it took a few tries. In the middle of my home screeem was my weather info. I had to get rid of that because long holds on other home screen locations didn't do anything. (Hey ... who needs weather info anyway ... I'll just look out the window or ask my wife.) After making a large area in the middle of the home screen it worked great.

However ... back to my key point ... yes, I was complaining about not being given a "No thanks" option, but maybe more importantly, I'm also complaining about most of us not complaining anymore. We just role over and accept everything these large companies do to us. It's not just Samsung, but it's also Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, etc.. If people don't complain, these companies will keep doing more of the same ... laughing all the way to the bank.

Thanks,

- Simon

View solution in context

5 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

We can long press on the home screen, swipe right. At the top of the Samsung Daily screen there should be an option to turn it off. Once it is off return to the home screen, swipe right & Samsung daily will not open.

We can also open system settings > apps, Select Samsung Daily & restrict background data and battery usage.

Best regards,

CLF 

0 Likes
Solution
userDy2E7B0fu6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

CLF -

THANK YOU! It worked, but it took a few tries. In the middle of my home screeem was my weather info. I had to get rid of that because long holds on other home screen locations didn't do anything. (Hey ... who needs weather info anyway ... I'll just look out the window or ask my wife.) After making a large area in the middle of the home screen it worked great.

However ... back to my key point ... yes, I was complaining about not being given a "No thanks" option, but maybe more importantly, I'm also complaining about most of us not complaining anymore. We just role over and accept everything these large companies do to us. It's not just Samsung, but it's also Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, etc.. If people don't complain, these companies will keep doing more of the same ... laughing all the way to the bank.

Thanks,

- Simon

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey,

@userDy2E7B0fu6

Thanks for sharing the results I really appreciate it.

I understand what you're saying there are a few apps I'm not running anymore for various reasons. 

Take care, 

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
ManuelNJCSP
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

open system settings > apps, Select Samsung Daily & restrict background data and battery usage.

0 Likes
userDy2E7B0fu6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Manuel -

I used CLF's instructions to get rid of the "Agree-only" screen.  I then turned off background data and battery usage as you suggested. Thanks.

0 Likes