JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Aug 2020 Update: "Messages" voice to text problem.

(Topic created on: 8/14/20 5:29 PM)
usert3DgsB1xLF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A few days ago my S9+ was updated.  I soon noticed the Messages app was different: new icons on bottom, etc.  Main difference I've noticed is the voice to text has changed radically for the worse.  Every text I compose has at least two to three errors - it misunderstands me FAR more than the previous version.  Worse yet, it no longer has the select correct feature where you can highlight an error and it gives you a dropdown of possible corrections.  Now you have to go to text, navigate to the error and type in the correction.  Someone really didn't think this "upgrade?" through.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@usert3DgsB1xLF

I always wipe the system cache partition after a system update even if I don't notice any issues. 

If you haven't already done so you might try opening system settings, apps, show system apps, and use the search option for Samsung Voice input. Open it and select storage. Clear the cache files and check the results. If that doesn't help go back, clear the data and check the results.

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context

31 Replies
userm0hQnHe7IC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same experience. This is a mess.

userrT4l7Hh1NT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the S8 and have had problems with my internet connections & sometimes my phone works, then most of the time it doesn't.  I'm getting tired of putting in ##72786# just to be able to use my phone (had to do that 7x one day, boss couldn't reach me & I got chewed out!) Is there a fix for this? Phone was working fine before this update.

software update version: G950USQU7DTG2

0 Likes
usert3DgsB1xLF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've experienced none of these issues since the referenced update.  So can't help here.

0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usert3DgsB1xLF 

Lotta threads on this one recommend trying out a different voice typcing options like Google Voice Typing.

Follow these steps: Go to Settings >> General management >> Language and input >> On-screen keyboard >> Manage keyboards >> Samsung voice input >> Turn this OFF!

-- 

Show some love to this reply with a <3

Let others know this post solved your issue by selecting :white_heavy_check_mark:"Accept as solution" 

Login to the community site to respond to this thread or select a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"Follow these steps: Go to Settings >> General management >> Language and input >> On-screen keyboard >> Manage keyboards >> Samsung voice input >> Turn this OFF!"

This doesn't work.   Well it does until you reboot your phone then its back to Samsung voice texting.  My wife just bought the new s20 and it has the exact same issue where you can fix it with the above steps but as soon as you reboot it its back do the Samsung voice texting.

Blueridge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It worked!

I dont see how to mark it solution though.

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We're glad that you're up and running!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
lala1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same problem. I have turned of samsung and bixby but the phone reverts back after a couple of days.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in the thread?

0 Likes