JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Aug 2020 Update: "Messages" voice to text problem.

(Topic created: 02-21-2021 09:17 AM)
usert3DgsB1xLF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A few days ago my S9+ was updated.  I soon noticed the Messages app was different: new icons on bottom, etc.  Main difference I've noticed is the voice to text has changed radically for the worse.  Every text I compose has at least two to three errors - it misunderstands me FAR more than the previous version.  Worse yet, it no longer has the select correct feature where you can highlight an error and it gives you a dropdown of possible corrections.  Now you have to go to text, navigate to the error and type in the correction.  Someone really didn't think this "upgrade?" through.

31 Replies
HangSolo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This has been happening to me as well. Out of the blue, the Google microphone goes from the nice grey and green smart interface to what looks like a dumbed-down cartoon version...one which takes away auto-capitalization, misspells almost everything, and gets grammar completely wrong. When I close the microphone to manually correct the mistakes, I no longer have the option to touch on a word to have correct spelling or word appear. I don't know why this keeps glitching, self-correcting, then coming back again.

In February, I posed this same question in the forums, and no one from Samsung acknowledged it. Changing keyboards, turning off things- nothing at all has fixed this randomly appearing, hideous feature from returning.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes