Original topic:

Batch convert all "motion photos" to still

(Topic created: 08-23-2023 07:16 PM)
Members_DovJCwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Motion photo is often accidently triggered since I can't seem to find anyway to PERMANENTLY remove or disable it resulting in dozens of motion photos before I discover it is ON again.  How do I batch convert hundreds of these motion photos to still photos and retain the original date and time?  

0 Likes
7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can always tell if motion photo is enabled with the little icon that looks like a box with a play symbol at the top. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to convert the motion photos into stills en masse. You will have to manually edit them to do so. 😔
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am a little bit confused, you state you turn the motion photo on accidentally, which I assume is by touching the icon at the top of the screen as noted above. My question is, since there are other icons on the top of the screen such as photo flash, timer and photo size, do you ever accidentally touch any of those and change them? I don't believe there is any way to disable any of these functions, so, maybe you should consider looking into another camera app to see if you would be less prone to turning something on accidentally? And to your other question, I do not believe there is any way to batch process removing the motion from the other photos.
0 Likes
ToneArtz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What's the difference? Just answer the question that was asked if you know the answer! You don't need to know anything else.

0 Likes
Members_DovJCwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I need to PERMANENTLY remove the option to record "motion photos."  All it seems to take is a brief touch at the top of the screen to reactivate it.  And it keeps getting turned back on.  Let me kill it once.  Forever!  Galaxy S10.  

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This can't be removed from the native camera app. If you use a 3rd party one, the option probably wouldn't be so easy to activate, if it is there at all.
0 Likes
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You realize, that your phone will no longer get any Android updates or more importantly the last security update was done in March of 2023. Meaning, your phone is open to the whole world for hacking right now. I would seriously consider not using this phone any longer.
0 Likes
ToneArtz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've been looking for an answer to the same question to no avail whilst getting the exact same stupid replies you have gotten about how could you press the button without knowing or how to turn it off. Just once it's like a truthful answer like 'nope don't know sorry'. Good luck buddy.

0 Likes