cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpUwFawvO0j
Constellation

Re: Battery Drain after latest Android update on S5

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That is just how I feel. So they can sell there new products. Mine was working fine over 24hrs off one battery complete cycle. Now it is ten hours just on standby. Wakelocks app does help with the drain of the battery. But bluetooth is not working and the mobile hotpot keeps turning off after a few seconds of turning on.
On the battery usage screen it it is mostly the android system so many programs working in the background.
The only thing the phone is good for is a pocket warmer in this weather.
Come on samsung sort it out. I know you can do it
user548thdqvLT
Constellation

Re: Battery Drain after latest Android update on all phones is a scam to force buying new phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been saying this for years.   I had a brand new battery installed on my Note 5 and after every "update" the battery drains twice as fast.   This happens at the same time the new phones are released.  I did do the clear the cache solution and have to admit my phone is not draining as fast as it was though now, but the majority of customers would not be doing these things.

userm8cX0ABa9U
Constellation

Re: Battery Drain after latest Android update on all phones is a scam to force buying new phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the same for me. I have a s8 and after the update my phone battery changed dramatically. It used to last me all day actually I used to tell people that the battery was amazing but after the update all went down hill. I even rebooted my phone, took out all my pics,basically started my phone from scratch but still the same. It is not the battery cause from 1 day to the other it changed dramatically.  It is the f..Ken update !!!

user548thdqvLT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just installed the latest update on my phone this morning.  In 5 minutes, it went from 98% to 32% charge.  This is completely wrong.   I am appalled by this.   There is no way my phone should have lost that much charge in 5 minutes after installing this update.   THIS IS  A SCAM BY SAMSUNG AND ANDROID USERS TO FORCE UPGRADES TO BUY NEW PHONES.   HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE PROVEN SOON.      THIS SCAM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A LONG TIME>

vikas
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AS we know some time due to the high storage or battery issue the battery drain  faster  so first check your storage if it does not work so please consult your near by samsung gallery 

userRdIVx92xjH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely yes!! My S-5 was working fine and really does still work fine, But ever since the latest Android updates. I cannot get my phone to take a complete charge. It reaches 80%-85% and stops. I always try to avoid doing the updates because it always makes undesireable changes to my phone's performance. It is constantly lighting up the screen when the battery is low to alert me the battery is low. It does this every minute or so until the battery is completely dead. I thought it was the fault of the cord, or the charger. But after buying several cords and also using my original AC charging cord/adapter, I believe it has something to do with the updates. Maybe it's a conspiracy theory, but I am thinking since it is 3-4 years old now they want me to trade it it for a new one. Guess what? Not happening Samsung. I am done with Samsung after this event. Going iphone next time around. No more Samsung junk.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userRdIVx92xjH

I know it can be a pain when your phone doesn't fully charge, no one likes frequent top ups. Other than changing out the cords, what have you attempted on the phone itself? Have you tried to see if this error still happens in safe mode, or cleared the cache partition?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRdIVx92xjH

Hello, thought I would see if you needed further assistance. If so just let us know and we will be happy to help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a factory reset? If not, I would recommend you to back up any important information before resetting it. 

AlexGuan123456
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is some tips that could save the battery life for your reference: 1) Use Low Power Mode 2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications 3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It 4) Do not Activate Location Service 5) Lower Screen Brightness 6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications 7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.