JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery drain after Android 11 UI 3.1

(Topic created: 07-02-2021 05:44 AM)
winsterp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S10+ battery has been draining down to around 15% after only 10 hours and almost zero use after the latest software updates.   I've also noticed at times the device is extremely hot.  Typically my battery is around 75% charge when I go to sleep from 100% charge in the morning.   Now I find myself needing a charger all day to keep it running.  

This is annoying to say the least. I always disable apps I don't use, have all the settings at the most optimal so I really don't want to hear the usual steps that I'm reading on all forums. This issue is caused by the update, not how I use my phone. Can you provide a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

10+ lasting that long is quite surprising, but some details you noted do raise a bit of concern.

you could have the battery checked at the UBreakIFix, just to confirm the battery is still healthy and kickin hard.

If you don't receive any useful help from the visit, then you can submit and error report to Samsung Members app after recreating the draining symptom (in your case just let it sit i suppose... for ~30minutes).

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
2skool4cool
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Power save mode. There are advanced options as well. I use my phone all day with multiple apps open and my battery lasts at least 14 hours
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine lasts maybe 5-6 hours then I have to put it in the charger.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I believe there has been some issues noted with this software version and the Smartthings app. I have also read that a camera sensor problem exists and drains while in pocket. The installed battery tracker or the good Gaurdians battery monitor doesn't indicate this and is limited in digging in deeper. There are some reliable and safe battery monitors that reflect more accurately what is eating battery power.

If you have not received the June security update this does fix some of these issues. I would keep an eye out for that update if your model is elgible for updates.

Good luck and I hope that your experience improves.
Solution
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

10+ lasting that long is quite surprising, but some details you noted do raise a bit of concern.

you could have the battery checked at the UBreakIFix, just to confirm the battery is still healthy and kickin hard.

If you don't receive any useful help from the visit, then you can submit and error report to Samsung Members app after recreating the draining symptom (in your case just let it sit i suppose... for ~30minutes).

View solution in context

0 Likes