Original topic:

Battery draining rapidly on Samsung Galaxy 9+ phone

(Topic created: 08-20-2021 06:35 AM)
phoenix53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
   The battery on my Samsung Galaxy 9+ phone was draining rapidly. Each charge lasted about 4-5 hrs. before being depleted.
 I called Samsung & was told to replace my battery, which was 2½ yrs. old. I replaced it 3 months ago.
 If my phone is on standby, battery lasts >12 hrs. However, once I start using the phone, the new battery is still only lasting 5 hrs. or less. 
 I have checked my settings & have all apps sleeping when not in use. The employees where I purchased the new battery said the battery lasting ~5 hrs is "normal for a 2½ yr. old phone." The store is an authorized Samsung repair store.
 Is there anything I can do to increase my battery life? I don't want to purchase another phone, but I need one that is RELIABLE. For over $700 purchase price I expected my phone to last longer than 2½ yrs.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Aalbert4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S9 too lasts 2-3 hrs on a single charge. Although I haven't changed the battery yet but what I do is carry a power bank every where I go. I would advise you turn on Adaptive power saving. It does improve battery life a little
phoenix53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have adaptive power savings on. I have 2 power banks too.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Time for a new battery or phone.
0 Likes
phoenix53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I got a new battery 3 months ago. A phone that costs over $700 should last longer than 2½ years.🥺😥
0 Likes
yoooooooooooo
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That is the expected time for something to go wrong on any phone
0 Likes
Krogersupervisor1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You could be using a lot of apps in the background that are making it drain quicker or letting the battery overcharge and harming it. Make sure that you get the battery replaced at Ubreak ifix next time
0 Likes
phoenix53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had battery replaced 3 months ago at Batteries plus Bulbs, which is a certified Samsung repair center. I'm resigned to fact that I probably need to replace phone. That is sad. I am mostly home bound & having a reliable phone is a necessity.
0 Likes
Krogersupervisor1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They say they are but they are not. I would highly recommend that you go get the battery replaced at Ubreak ifix asap.
0 Likes
Krogersupervisor1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Make sure to do some checking an check with Samsung customer service next time before you get your phone battery replaced at batteries plus bulbScreenshot_20210821-051435_Google_65.jpg
0 Likes