Original topic:

Battery dying past 15%

(Topic created: 07-31-2020 11:52 PM)
user0hLvyAzLBM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there,

For the past couple of weeks I've noticed my S8 battery having some issues. Normally I would receive a notification when my battery reaches 15% and I would still have a bit of time to still use it before needing to charge. 

But now when I receive that notification it drops down to 10, then 5 and 2 % within minutes. This now happens every time it reaches 15%.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I've optimised the battery and run the device maintenance, but this hasn't changed it.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Je655
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Its most likely that your battery has gone bad, this can just happen over time, excessive heat, over charged or drop damage can also damage you battery

"If your phone or tablet is not holding a charge or if it turns on for just a few minutes before powering off, your battery is likely the cause of the problem. For example, the battery may be swelling. You should check for damage to the device's internal or external battery."

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001407/#inspect-the-phone-or-tablet-with-an-...

0 Likes
user0hLvyAzLBM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for your reply. I just wondered if it was something else causing it as he battery seems to get to a certain stage and then drain power. He battery keeps it's charge well for the first 85% no problem. Them  just seems to drop off. Would a factory reset be worth a try?20200801_075212.jpg

0 Likes
GinaGeen83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine does the same thing!! And up in my drop down box at the top of my screen is always orange and has 1 issue. When I go into my settings, its always my battery, storage, or ram. Mostly my battery. Obviously, this may be because my phones like 3yrs old, and I need to upgrade, right?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you getting an error message when you are able to turn on your phone again? This will give us an idea of what is happening with the phone. 

If your phone was in safe mode does your phone perform the same way? The reason behind using safe mode is to make sure that a 3rd party app is causing this issue for you. 

Have you noticed any of your buttons sticking? This could be another reason this issue is occurring.  If it is it will need a technician to look at it for you. 

htttp://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001428/

If none of these troubleshooting steps helped then we are left with the last troubleshooting step which is Factory resetting your phone. 

If that does not work then you will need to have one of our Samsung technicians look at your phone for you. You can use this link here to find a service center close to you in your area. (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location)

View solution in context

0 Likes