Original topic:

Battery is dying quicker whilst it takes longer to charge than before

(Topic created on: 4/15/21 10:11 PM)
KaylaDaBookworm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
As I said in my previous forum, I have been having troubles with my battery. Before, it would only take like 2 hrs to charge and would usually last me the whole day. A few days ago, (like sunday) my phone started to heat up, but ditched the thought of something being wrong with my phone because I live in the south. My phone, after a couple of hours, was at 40-50 percent and I was confused coz a few hours would mean nothing to my phone, and would stay at the 90 range of percent. I hadn't used it at all BTW. 

It then started go die faster. I was scrambling, trying to fix this by just shutting off my phone, but when I'd turn it back on, it would have lost 10-20 percent after 5 fricking minutes. I'm now desperate. As I was charging and typing this, it lost five percent. I only had that problem with an old iPhone. This phone is still pretty recent from coming out and Android has its reputation with being more durable. Eughhhh. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
saxappeal
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What specific Galaxy phone are you using and how long have you had it?
KaylaDaBookworm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm not exactly sure what type it is, it says A11. I've only had it for a couple of weeks like at max. 1 month.
0 Likes
saxappeal
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
OK thank you for clarifying. Without actually having your phone in hand it would be very tough to troubleshoot. However I would make sure you don't have a lot of apps running in the background on your phone and close out of any apps you aren't using. With it being a brand new phone that would be the only thing I can think of other than a defective battery which can be possible but highly unlikely. Galaxy phones are great devices and this issue your having is not something I hear on a daily basis from working around cell phones all day. Also have you checked for a software update? I know that sounds weird but it potentially could help.