Original topic:

Battery usage

(Topic created: 11-21-2021 06:05 AM)
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S10E has started to lose battery power like crazy.  It's at 88% as I txt this and I've been on it maybe 15 min since full charge.  I have updated with the newest update earlier this week. Updated all apps that needed updated. Idk if I have messed with settings. I'm always fiddling with my phone when I have no idea what I'm doing.  Any ideas as to why my battery is losing power so fast? Thank you in advance,  and have a great Thanksgiving this week!
6 Replies
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Reboot to Recovery screen and Wipe Cache and Repair Apps
0 Likes
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you.... I'm dumb. How do I do that. I know how to reboot. Do I go to settings to wipe cache and repair apps. I can't believe how many apps are on this phone that I've not even load or see on my screen. I've forced stopped some that I could. I really appreciate your help, MrsCay❤
0 Likes
Jereferol
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're not dumb, I'm lost half time too. I was going to say go to Chrome, rt upper 3 dots hit that, pull down to the apps that are on the phone, each app you do not want that has been downloaded by ( frequently other apps) you can hit on it and then delete that app.
Be sure not to delete internal workings of system. Then, go and clean your phone under the maintenance app I believe. Clean it of all the stuff from other apps and then reboot or restart your phone. See if this speeds up your phone
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh thank you so much for your help. I will do that. I had something in my settings too that I had hit battery power savings mode and had it on. Plus I cached out "stuff". I can't describe what I want to say. Lol. I'll take your advice too. Thank you so much again. ❤
0 Likes
briansj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is the problem fixed? I notice my phone drains to battery to zero pretty much every night. Last night before i went to bed, it was 40%, and this morning 0%. My phone had a software update on 12/04/21. I wonder if that caused it.
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, it did work, I also turned off battery saving mode , which is ironic.