Original topic:

Biometrics update from Limelight Networks?

(Topic created: 11-13-2022 06:14 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My wife's phone was trying to do a Biometrics Update for her S10.  She had a notification message about it and when the notification is clicked, it looks like it is trying to download a file.

But I have the router set up to block attempts at downloading zip files from unknown places.  The source for this download was 208.111.186.131 which appears to be Limelight Networks Inc.  Is this a valid place to be downloading a biometrics update presumably from Samsung?

1 Reply
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hmm... Instead of updating using the notification link, I went into settings to check the version that she had. I saw there were TWO things related there. One was "More biometric settings" under "Fingerprints" and the other was "Security update" under "Security". When I went into "Security update" there was a "Check for updates" and when I used that, it said it was up to date.
Then when I went to "More biometrics settings", I saw "Biometrics security patch". So maybe it meant there was some patch to the CURRENT version that fixed fingerprints.
So I clicked on that, and the update ran without being stopped by my router. I don't know if this just means that this "non-notification" mechanism was not doing zip files, or that it succeeded for some other reason.
Anyone have any clues as to why this would work and the notification that apparently tries to download a zip from "Limelight Networks Inc." doesn't?
0 Likes