Original topic:

Bixby sets the wrong alarm time

(Topic created: 10-07-2022 06:26 AM)
matrixatp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I asked Bixby to set an alarm for Sunday at 7:30 (spoken: seven thirty).

Bixby created a new alarm for every Sunday at 19:30 (spoken: nineteen thirty).

For context: on Galaxy S9

8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Right ... both are the same times, but one is in military format time , which avoids confusion ... otherwise you have to specify AM or PM
matrixatp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As mentioned in brackets, Bixby said nineteen thirty, not 7:30 PM, when confirming. Which makes me think that I too should say nineteen thirty if I mean 19:30 or 7:30 PM. Believe it or not, the rest of the world does not use AM/PM. So when we say seven thirty, we mean 7:30, as in AM.

0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, if you're in the US , 90%+ of folks never use military time format, which is why we see the AM PM designators here

If you tell a friend you'll meet for dinner at eighteen hundred, most likely they'll have zero idea what that means 👍
0 Likes
Lrops
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
7:30 PM is 19:30 and 7:30 AM Morning. In the US called Military time, in Ukraine we are using both of formats.
0 Likes
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bixby is seriously annoying most times when you speak commands (in a clear understandable voice). It's constant 'I don't understand' drives me nuts. I don't have that issue with chatty SIRI or GOOGLE! Samsung needs to fix Bixby.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@matrixatp I ran some tests with Bixby.

• If it is 2 pm (14:00) and you say "Hey Bixby, create an alarm for 3 o'clock. It creates an alarm for 3 pm (15:00). 
  • If it is 4 pm (16:00) and you say "Hey Bixby, create an alarm for 3 o'clock. It creates an alarm for 3 am (03:00) the next day. 
  • If it is 2 pm (14:00) and you say "Hey Bixby, create an alarm for 3 am. It creates an alarm for 3 am (03:00) the next day.
  • If it is 4 pm (16:00) and you say "Hey Bixby, create an alarm for 3 pm. It creates an alarm for 3 pm (15:00) the next day. 

In other words, if you don't specify am or pm when you ask Bixby to create an alarm it will create it at the next occurance of that numerical time. 

The feedback in 24 hour time is probably designed to ensure that the user knows exactly when the alarm was created with no ambiguity. 

0 Likes
matrixatp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That makes sense if I wanted my alarm to be for the next time it's 7:30, no matter if AM or PM. However, I did this today (Friday) for Sunday so next occurrence of 7:30 would be in the morning. A bit unintuitive to set the alarm for the evening.

0 Likes
missamandapruitt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Change your phone setting to 12 hr clock or change bixby phone setti gs to 12 hr clock.
Or you could just learn military time.....
0 Likes