JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black text on dark background -- can't read anything

(Topic created on: 5/25/19 3:35 PM)
chocorella
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
After a firmware update, the notifications on my paid dark theme are now in black text, making it literally impossible to read. I have to switch to the default theme and then use the Night Mode because I cannot stand white backgrounds. But this is not ideal because I want to use the theme that I've paid for instead of having to stick to the default. Restarting the device doesn't change anything, and neither does switching to other themes -- all of the ones with dark backgrounds with have black text colours so you can't read them. Is there any way to get it back to normal?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
chocorella
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update: after the latest update on my S9 (update build G960FXXU3CSD4), the problem is now fixed. Guess it was a bug? Nonetheless thank you for all the help!

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you purchase the theme from the google play store or the galaxy store?

0 Likes
chocorella
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi! I purchased it from the Galaxy store
0 Likes
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can wait for your theme to get updated to Pie.

0 Likes
chocorella
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's already updated tho :( on the day I upgraded to Pie I reached out to the theme developer, who said that all his themes are already ready for Pie. And it was working fine right until this update (not sure if I can link here but https://i.imgur.com/SZx5Zib.png) then the text started being black on my black background, instead of automatically detecting the dark bg and adapting like it used to.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@chocorella Does this issue still appear in safe mode?

0 Likes
chocorella
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't seem to apply themes in Safe Mode. When I hit Apply, nothing happens, so I can't test it...

0 Likes
Solution
chocorella
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update: after the latest update on my S9 (update build G960FXXU3CSD4), the problem is now fixed. Guess it was a bug? Nonetheless thank you for all the help!

View solution in context

0 Likes
Samsung_rojPBr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The Galaxy store in the Play Store 2 different applications so be carful some phones are picky

0 Likes