Original topic:

Blocking Numbers

(Topic created on: 11/2/20 8:24 AM)
userQsUCak4Z86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there any way to block on the Galaxy S9 where there is not a folder with the blocked messages and I don't get an alert when the blocked number tries to call me?  These features are not useful when trying to rid someone from your life.  I don't want to be able to know when they message or call me.

If there is not a way to thoroughly block on the S9, do the newer versions of the Galaxy offer a way to block you never know when the person is trying to contact you?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you absolutely, positively don't want anything to reach your cell phone, contact your carrier and ask them to block the number. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you absolutely, positively don't want anything to reach your cell phone, contact your carrier and ask them to block the number. 

View solution in context

userQsUCak4Z86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@LongHiker wrote:

Why does Samsung have the option to even view blocked messages or allow the call notifications from blocked folks to come through?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userQsUCak4Z86 wrote:

Why does Samsung have the option to even view blocked messages or allow the call notifications from blocked folks to come through?

Those are ones that your phone has blocked. In order for the phone to block it, it first has to come to the phone and the phone has to recognize that it is to be blocked. Therefore you can see the ones that the phone has blocked. 

0 Likes
usertg570OG2fO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why do voice messages keep coming in from the blocked number?

0 Likes
usertg570OG2fO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the service provider blocks the number will this also result in not getting voice messages from the blocked number?

0 Likes