JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blocking messages coming from emails

(Topic created: 10-03-2021 06:00 PM)
rdh6684
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am getting messages that comes in the form of emails not phone numbers,  how can I block these type messages?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand how frustrating this is. You can block and delete unwanted messages. When you get a sketchy text, select Block number at the top of the conversation. To view blocked numbers and messages, or to block a number, go to the Conversations tab, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings. Tap Block numbers and messages. Your service provider should also have additional ways of blocking numbers. You can also use the following link for information on how to report these unwanted texts. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-recognize-and-report-spam-text-messages

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This best way is to Add the email address to your contacts and after you do that find the contact and then click block contact
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If that doesn't work Check your carrier's website and see if there is an option to block them
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Download Google messages and you will be able to block the email. Also after you have blocked the email you can switch back to Samsung messages and it will be on the blocked list of both apps now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

cannot block email sent txt. This has to be fixed by Google by design... submit complaint to Google please

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand how frustrating this is. You can block and delete unwanted messages. When you get a sketchy text, select Block number at the top of the conversation. To view blocked numbers and messages, or to block a number, go to the Conversations tab, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings. Tap Block numbers and messages. Your service provider should also have additional ways of blocking numbers. You can also use the following link for information on how to report these unwanted texts. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-recognize-and-report-spam-text-messages

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1Strangebird
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Could anyone explain how to block texts received from an email address? I've inadvertently gotten on some list! I am prolific at blocking the myriad, "Is this you?" , "You're order had been delayed", "Lose 5 lbs a day", etc. texts, but can't figure out how to block spam texts from an email address.  Thank you for any help...
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google messages allows you to block email addresses. After an email is added to your blocked list in Google messages its added to both Samsung messages and Google messages blocked list. So you can permanently switch to Google messages or switch back and forth till Samsung provides an update for there messages app.

(Edit: I was just double checking and even though it's on the blocked list of Samsung messages it was still visible in messages... so I guess the only option would be switching to Google messages for now)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging
1Strangebird
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you will try that!!
DragonGirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can't block email spam sent to my number, but it's all from the same exact sending sight with a few things changed and I have no idea how to make it stop. HELP
0 Likes