cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userc0HZbPxIC2
Constellation

Blue Tooth media stops when wifi disconnected.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galaxy s9 plus (verizon).  Android 8.0.0, samsung experience 9.0.  When listening to media over bludetooth (regardless of type of bluetooth device), if the wifi disconnects or is turned off, the media stops, and is no longer connected.  The bluetooth itself seems to still work, in other words, if I'm on a call and wifi dissconnects, the call contianues over bluetooth.  When this happens the toggle for meda is still turned on in the bluetooth device settings.

To fix I either have to dissconnect and reconnect the device, or go into the bluetooth settings and toggle off and on the Media Audio switch.

I feel like I didn't have this problem when I bought the phone, so maybe an update.  Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Blue Tooth media stops when wifi disconnected.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is an odd question, but do you use the iHeart Radio app? If so, can you test deleting the app and tell me if the symptoms still happen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is an odd question, but do you use the iHeart Radio app? If so, can you test deleting the app and tell me if the symptoms still happen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userc0HZbPxIC2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do have the iheart app.  Uninstalled it, restarted the phone, and the problem is fixed.  Wow, thank you so much for that.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome.

userImMntpI2EZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks very much for this post and solution! I had been trying to find the answer for a while now.

Do we know why the iHeartRadio app is causing the issue?  I assume re-installing the iHeartRadio app will cause the issue to happen again?

FYI - I also found that bluetooth media audio would stop/switch if you pressed play on the iHeartRadio app from the lock screen when another app was active in the music controller (e.g. Spotify).

These issues only occurred following the latest updates.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do not know why, but the issue has been reported to the iHeartRadio developers.

userAZEvzqRBab
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks a lot i had the same issue, this resoves it.