Original topic:

Bluetooth Audio Suddenly Hyper Compressed

(Topic created on: 3/8/21 9:21 PM)
userz5h9ESSeYN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here again! After the latest update on my S 10+ to February 1, 2021 security updates, the bluetooth streaming quality to my headunit is being crunched.

It was fine earlier in the day, ever since the update matter of fact, but on my evening drive to the gym it sounded like the codec was being crunched all the way down to 80kbs at best. Upon checking Poweramp's log, that is exactly the case. Flag after flag dropping from 384k till it settles on 88k, and it's using the Android audio system of course.

I checked the Playstore to make sure there wasn't some rough update, and there wasn't! IU used another music app... same thing

Grabbed my S4, no problem. So no head unit receiver going out, and no bugged app updates. This is clearly an Android/Samsung issue, and one I'm not crazy about!

3 Replies
userz5h9ESSeYN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I suppose hoping for even a sign of life on such a potentially in depth issue was a bit much when I literally had to spend multiple posts across the way explaining why micro SD speeds are NOT inconsequential.....

I'll write this off momentarily as a potential hardware issue as the chips do give out sometimes, and Qualcomm has had those problems in the past (my S4 being one of said victims) though it seems at this point there is at least one more suffering from this suddenly.

0 Likes
bmadong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Experiencing the exact same problem! Super frustrating

0 Likes
userz5h9ESSeYN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Honestly. At this point it's either something in the update or hardware related (or both). Sure, the phone's 2 generations old now, but when my "ancient" S4 streams fine, and everyone else's bluetooth streams fine, something's up!

0 Likes