Original topic:

Bluetooth connection priority

(Topic created: 08-19-2021 11:22 AM)
HalS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I contacted Samsung support about this via Facebook, and they couldn't offer any help. They suggested that I post it here.

I'm having an issue with Bluetooth connectivity. I have my Galaxy S10+ paired with my car, and also with my wife's car, for when I drive it.

I was in my car this morning, car running and phone connected, getting my podcast player going. My wife got in her car and started it up, and my phone immediately connected to her car (in addition to mine - both were connected), and the podcast sound stopped in my car. (I assume it started in hers, but I don't know for sure.)

There needs to be some way I can prioritize these connections, or keep both from being active at once. Unfortunately, all Samsung support could suggest was to unpair from my wife's car. That's not really a solution, as I'd have to re-pair it every time I drive her car.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2 Replies
1315dragonflies
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What they need to do is provide us with an option to SHUT OFF the stupid auto play function. We should be able to just press the stinkin' play button when we want to hear something. As soon as I get in my car, OWP HERE COMES THE LAST SPOTIFY JAM I WAS HALFWAY THROUGH PLAYING THIS MORNING BEFORE WORK... omg, so frustrating.

Edit: I'm sorry for the rant... I have no suggestions, only compassion and understanding.
0 Likes
user2user1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I thing the settings is in smartthings you can set it to play on what ever Bluetooth is stronger may still connect to wife's car but will keep playing on yours
0 Likes