Original topic:

Bluetooth connects to car head unit for calls but not audio

(Topic created on: 2/22/21 4:03 AM)
troovis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've been encountering a problem with my Galaxy S10e ever since the Android 11 update. Before the update, my phone would connect to my car's head unit without issue, and both calls and audio would work fine from the start. Now, after the update, my phone still connects to the head unit, but only for calls initially. I have to turn Bluetooth off and back on, then reconnect to the head unit, and it starts working for both calls and audio again. It's not a huge issue, but it's a waste of time and getting more annoying as it goes on, especially when it wasn't an issue on Android 10. I'm connecting to a Pioneer DEH-X4800BT head unit, and my phone is a SM-G970U on Verizon.

Has anyone else been encountering issues like this, and if so, have you found any solutions? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
userxlVQqkqNqA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I wish I had an answer but I have run into same issues and it's  rendered the bluetooth capability useless. 

0 Likes
uservod93sph5c
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue for me also. All working fine until a recent update. Now I have to toggle on audio each time I get into the car and connect to the stereo. So very annoying.

S10 and pioneer DEH-4800BT

0 Likes