cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LiborStefek
Asteroid

Bluetooth keyboard is not working after latest update on my S5 mini

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My external bluetooth keyboard is not working, most probably, after latest update.

It was working fine earlier.

I tried to remove it from paired devices and pair again. It connects, pairs, even a BT icon shows that there is connected input device, but pressing key is not producing any response in any application.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LiborStefek
Asteroid

Re: Bluetooth keyboard is not working after latest update on my S5 mini

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I went ahead and thanks to www.sammobile.com I have installed previous version of firmware and bluetooth keyboard is back!

Just to be sure where is the problem, I installed latest update again and it REALLY doesn't work. So, it is the latest OS update what is problematic!

Firmware having this issue is: version number PDA G800FXXU1CRG3 and CSC G800FO2C1CRG3. The operating system of this firmware is Android 6.0.1 , with build date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:02:12 +0000. Security patch date is 2017-08-01, with changelist 13885706.

Previous firmware which is working OK: version number PDA G800FXXU1CQA1 and CSC G800FO2C1CQA1. The operating system of this firmware is Android 6.0.1 , with build date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 03:06:55 +0000. Security patch date is 2017-01-01, with changelist 10294723.

Hope this may help somebody.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@LiborStefek Could you provide the model number, baseband version, and carrier for the phone? Also, what type of keyboard are you using? 

LiborStefek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is SM-G800F, Android 6.0.1, G800FXXU1CRG3

O2 Czech republic

... and keyboard is cheap Trust (some China, anyway), but I have just tested it on another computer and it works fine...

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@LiborStefek Thank you for that information. Did you purchase the phone in the US? 

LiborStefek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. It is from O2 Czech Republic. Europe.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@LiborStefek This Community works largely with US based devices so it's hard for us to speak on exactly what may or may not be happening to your specific device. You are welcome to see if the Community can assist, but as many may not have the same device as you it might also be worth reaching out to your region specifically for more in depth assistance! You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry Thanks! 

LiborStefek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I went ahead and thanks to www.sammobile.com I have installed previous version of firmware and bluetooth keyboard is back!

Just to be sure where is the problem, I installed latest update again and it REALLY doesn't work. So, it is the latest OS update what is problematic!

Firmware having this issue is: version number PDA G800FXXU1CRG3 and CSC G800FO2C1CRG3. The operating system of this firmware is Android 6.0.1 , with build date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:02:12 +0000. Security patch date is 2017-08-01, with changelist 13885706.

Previous firmware which is working OK: version number PDA G800FXXU1CQA1 and CSC G800FO2C1CQA1. The operating system of this firmware is Android 6.0.1 , with build date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 03:06:55 +0000. Security patch date is 2017-01-01, with changelist 10294723.

Hope this may help somebody.

Thanks

useryidv3aZDKY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is EXACTLY my problem, thank you for the explanation and link, I'm going to try it immediately!