JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth scan not working S9

(Topic created: 08-03-2018 11:42 AM)
userbzccS8noEW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried scanning for bluetooth with my Galaxy S9 with 2 headphones and neither one showed up during the scan. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm sorry to hear that. You may want to try these troubleshooting steps for pairing your device. Just click on the word Link and you are all set. Let us know if this helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9ITha9YEvc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This didn't help and they're not troubleshooting instructions. My S9 is brand new, so is my JBL Bluetooth speaker. Please provide a solution because I can pair my speaker with any device but the phone I bought from Samsung. 

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user9ITha9YEvc: Does your phone locate your speaker, when you scan for available Bluetooth devices? 

0 Likes
usersZ7PVh2dTV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Worked for my EasyAcc speaker but not for earbud.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please make sure your earbuds are in pairing mode once the following steps are completed:

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Bluetooth>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Reset the device. Please let me know if this works for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruCHlFQwIrM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately did not solve my problem (unable to pair with BT earbuds or OBDII BT adapter - able to pair with most other things I have.) Just went through a support chat. Went through all of their steps up to factpry reset and the issue still persists. Got a ticket and return label to send in for repair. We'll see how this works out. I personally think there must be some flaw with the BT adapters in these things since so many of us are having the same issue.

0 Likes
usereiwYJ0z6GR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ever since i got my s9 ive had the s asme issue for months...frustrating

@useruCHlFQwIrM wrote:

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately did not solve my problem (unable to pair with BT earbuds or OBDII BT adapter - able to pair with most other things I have.) Just went through a support chat. Went through all of their steps up to factpry reset and the issue still persists. Got a ticket and return label to send in for repair. We'll see how this works out. I personally think there must be some flaw with the BT adapters in these things since so many of us are having the same issue.

0 Likes
userIncNpQFpfW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks! I still have my S7 laying around, and once I turned Bluetooth off on the old one, my S9 connected. 

user4dk5QXOqI8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have tried turning the Soundlink III off by holding the mute button and turning it back on.  I have also done this while turning the phone off and back on.  Neither works.

There are no other bluetooth devices in the home at this time.  I am home alone.  No old bluetooth phones.  Only my car in the garage which is off. 

Phone has found other devices - my car, wife's car - but none of these are available.

Phone is showing one available device in code and says "device name will appear when this device is connected".  Phone is unable to connect to this device so i don't know if this is the bose speaker or not.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
userJACS4muY29
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was struggling with the same problem.. and this was the answer!!! The S9 won't connect to my wireless speakers if another device is already connected. Turned it's Bluetooth off and, hey Presto, sorted!

0 Likes