JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth scan not working S9

(Topic created: 08-03-2018 02:48 PM)
userbzccS8noEW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried scanning for bluetooth with my Galaxy S9 with 2 headphones and neither one showed up during the scan. 

0 Likes
usersZ7PVh2dTV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That will vary depending on the device. What finally worked for me with my Plantronics Voyager Legend Earbud was: 1. Turning off other bluetooth devices in the room and 2. holding down the pairing mode button located on the end of the mouthpiece.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for letting me know. Please keep me posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2JtcHQmchK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have done this several times and it's still won't show my bluetooth on the list so I can pair it with my phone. 

0 Likes
userbhY3dMtg7Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Doesn't work for me. Have tried 3 sets of headphones, won't find them. Husband has the same phone and works fine on his. Haven't found a solution on mine.

0 Likes
userOfRtgKfnKr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

having the same problem.  Multiple devices that my old S8 can connect to are now not even found on my S9.

0 Likes
userN2c16vPMN8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userOfRtgKfnKrwrote:

having the same problem.  Multiple devices that my old S8 can connect to are now not even found on my S9.

Same problem. All 4 devices detected on iPhone and Samsung Nook, but nothing on the S9

@userOfRtgKfnKrwrote:

0 Likes
userN2c16vPMN8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, found the answer at least for my problem.  I turned off my wife's iPhone and the problem was solved.  So, for whatever reason, if there's another device that the blue tooth setting is 'on', the S9 wont detect the devices.

Quite odd, because we've had multiple phones, lap tops, books, etc.,  all showing devices that can be paired, but not so with the S9. 

0 Likes
userDbQ8LuFVEh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you. I followed your advice and it worked. I was able to pair my earbuds without any problem.

0 Likes
userIKLcdxNwTR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This helped with me too! Imagine asking everyone on a flight to turn off their bluetooth on apple products so I can get my headphones paired?! 

0 Likes
user6P0Q4Td8eM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

not able to find my 6 month old JBL speaker... only with s9 is that  a problem

0 Likes