cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
21SavageS7
Astronaut

Broken Glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok. So. I have a galaxy s7. And it's supposed to be durable... well it's not. I accidentally dropped it like 2 feet off the ground and the screen has shattered, and I had a case! Well then just a few days ago my friend accidentally dropped her phone on the back of my phone and the camera lens shattered and my phone camera has been freely moving around and my glass has been falling out. (P.s. my warranty is almost out tho so please help)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Broken Glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The warranty for Samsung devices is a limited warranty.

This Standard Limited Warranty does not cover: (a) defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress; (b) scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by Samsung; (c) defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of a metallic object when pressing on a touch screen; (d) equipment that has the serial number or the enhancement data code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible; (e) ordinary wear and tear; (f) defects or damage resulting from the use of Product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Samsung; (g) defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by Samsung, including but not limited to installation of unauthorized software and unauthorized root access, both of which shall void this limited warranty; (h) defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source; (i) defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, or viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product; or (j) Product used or purchased outside the United States. This Standard Limited Warranty covers batteries only if battery capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or the battery leaks, and this Standard Limited Warranty does not cover any battery if (i) the battery has been charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by Samsung for charging the battery; (ii) any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering; or (iii) the battery has been used in equipment other than the Samsung device for which it is specified.

However, you can go to any uBreakiFix location for repairs by an authorized Samsung technician.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The warranty for Samsung devices is a limited warranty.

This Standard Limited Warranty does not cover: (a) defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress; (b) scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by Samsung; (c) defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of a metallic object when pressing on a touch screen; (d) equipment that has the serial number or the enhancement data code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible; (e) ordinary wear and tear; (f) defects or damage resulting from the use of Product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Samsung; (g) defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by Samsung, including but not limited to installation of unauthorized software and unauthorized root access, both of which shall void this limited warranty; (h) defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source; (i) defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, or viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product; or (j) Product used or purchased outside the United States. This Standard Limited Warranty covers batteries only if battery capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or the battery leaks, and this Standard Limited Warranty does not cover any battery if (i) the battery has been charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by Samsung for charging the battery; (ii) any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering; or (iii) the battery has been used in equipment other than the Samsung device for which it is specified.

However, you can go to any uBreakiFix location for repairs by an authorized Samsung technician.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

21SavageS7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungRei is there any warranty other than standard warranty??? Cause the person who bought it said they got a special warranty

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@21SavageS7 wrote:

@SamsungReiis there any warranty other than standard warranty??? Cause the person who bought it said they got a special warranty

Ask that person about the special warranty.  

21SavageS7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Charkatak I haven't been able to get a hold of the person lately and I've been trying to ask them about it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only other option I would know of would be Premium Care. However, I do not believe it would apply now that they are no longer the owner of the phone. You can contact them directly at 1-866-371-9501.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@21SavageS7 wrote:

@CharkatakI haven't been able to get a hold of the person lately and I've been trying to ask them about it

If that so called extra/special warranty and it is through Samsung, then it would be shown.  Usually if there is an extra warranty it comes from 3rd party companies which carriers offer or another agency. When you got this phone, that is when you need to find out info about this.  Search online for few different phone insurance companies such as Asurion and others and contact them asking if there is a warranty for your phone.

21SavageS7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok thanks

21SavageS7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I will try that

Highlighted
TheDarkness264
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have the money, I recommend ditching the 7 series and going with an 8, 9, or 10 series. 7 had a lot of mistakes in my opinion that they fixed with 8 and above.