JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Built in screen protector S10+

(Topic created: 02-24-2019 11:22 AM)
user3ZkOWJYtRm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have preordered an S10+ from Samsung, and was in the Verizon Store today and noticed that the S10+ on display appeared  to have a screen protector already installed.  I asked the Verizon rep, and he said yes, all S10s come with factory installed screen protector, and an add on screen protector is no longer required.  True or False?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend reaching out to our E-Commerce team at 1-855-726-8721. They can further assist you with the questions you have.

View solution in context

0 Likes
38 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend reaching out to our E-Commerce team at 1-855-726-8721. They can further assist you with the questions you have.

View solution in context

0 Likes
shuddle13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is 100% true. Because of the built-in fingerprint sensor in the screen, Samsung pre-installed screen protectors on the phone to make sure everyone had a compatible one to start with. 20190224_151406.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user3ZkOWJYtRm wrote:

I have preordered an S10+ from Samsung, and was in the Verizon Store today and noticed that the S10+ on display appeared  to have a screen protector already installed.  I asked the Verizon rep, and he said yes, all S10s come with factory installed screen protector, and an add on screen protector is no longer required.  True or False?

YES screen protector is pre-installed on the screen and it seems to have Oleophobic coating to prevent smudges, fingerprint and scratches so don't wash it with alcohol base wipes or else you remove the oleophobic coating.

userDz2FmuTTcb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have scratches on my screen protector already

VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userDz2FmuTTcbf Isn't that what the screen protector is for?

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've scratched mine and took it off on day one. The phone looks much better without it, and after a week of use, no scratches yet. Now I realize I will eventually start seeing some scratches, but if I'm looking at a scratched screen protector, I might as well just live with a scratched screen, that's my opinion.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userOo0urJBJzh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did ur screen have/retain its oleophobic coating after u removed the screen protector?? I have  never used a screen protector on any of my Samsung phones, wanna peel it off but kinda worried if will have an oleophobic coating underneath??!!

@Geno71 wrote:
I've scratched mine and took it off on day one. The phone looks much better without it, and after a week of use, no scratches yet. Now I realize I will eventually start seeing some scratches, but if I'm looking at a scratched screen protector, I might as well just live with a scratched screen, that's my opinion.

0 Likes
userx5bHahGblB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too..  it scratches very easily and looks crappy with all the little scratches. I've had screen protectors on my previous phones and they raimained looking good for a long time

0 Likes
user8wvzFE5rtA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have scratches and 2 tiny "dents", I want it off, does anyone know how to remove it?

0 Likes