cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung_EmB2VCe
Astronaut

Burn in image on screen.

I've got the waze navigation bar burnt into my screen. I've had my S10 for 2 months.. I had my S9 for 6 months and had burnt in image appear on it. I keep brightness down to midway. In all the At&t stores, all the Galaxy displays have the same problem. Why is this happening to Samsung OLEDs and not IPhone? Considering Samsung makes their screens. It's just a shame to spend 1,000 on a phone and the screen keeps getting ruined.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Burn in image on screen.

@Samsung_EmB2VCe wrote:

I've got the waze navigation bar burnt into my screen. I've had my S10 for 2 months.. I had my S9 for 6 months and had burnt in image appear on it. I keep brightness down to midway. In all the At&t stores, all the Galaxy displays have the same problem. Why is this happening to Samsung OLEDs and not IPhone? Considering Samsung makes their screens. It's just a shame to spend 1,000 on a phone and the screen keeps getting ruined.

So for the store display models it is understandable, as the screens of these phones pretty much, on all day and especially with some static images/parts of the UI

Android has status bar and navination keys.  I never had screen burn-in as I don't do anything on the phone that would force the screen be on for long time.  If you drive 24/7 with navigation app running, then maybe it is possible for the issue to occur.  With iPhones the first phone that started using Samsung screen was iPhone X.  Other phones prior used LCD technology

Zgudda
Constellation

Re: Burn in image on screen.

I've had one S8 and it had 3 replacements for screen burn. Had the two S9's, one with 2 replacements, the one I currently owned with one replacement. Yes Samsung screens are horrible. I don't care how good the screen looks if it's going to be damaged one a week or so. Mind you I've had all of my screens on auto brightness and don't use my phone as much, leave my auto rotation on and lock screen kicks on after 30 seconds of no use and I still got screen burn. This is literally my only issue with samsung phones. People who say "you must be using your phone like this or that" should be quiet because there is nothing that most people are doing that would make the screen like this. I use my phone as a phone. Yes samsung sold their screens to apple but whatever apple has done, they made it where screen burn can be apparent at a very low rate/chance. I bought an iphone recently. If you look online, you will see how many iPhone users are affected vs samsung users and the numbers are ASTONISHING!!! Samsung get your screens together. Smh