cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DDPearson
Asteroid

Calendar appointments disappeared

It appears all my calendar appointments before 2018 have disappeared. I suppose I have a link with my gmail account because of the required account setup, but I always entered all the events directly on the phone's calendar.  Is there any way to restore the appointments? 

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Calendar appointments disappeared

Did you back up the calendar to the cloud?

DDPearson
Asteroid

No. I had a bit of overlap with my Google calendar for a few appointments, though.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Unfortunately, if the appointments weren't backed up to the cloud they wouldn't be able to be retrieved.

DDPearson
Asteroid

Is there any way to determine how all of the meetings disappeared in the first place?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We can't speculate about the cause of the symptoms you are experiencing.

DDPearson
Asteroid

Considering how many people seem to be having this problem, I would have hoped there would have been more than mere speculation at hand at this point.  Fortunately, since it isn't as simple as "not on the cloud, all gone,"  the FORCED gmail account I had to have on my Samsung phone ensured they were actually backed up on my Google calendar.  I was really hoping not to have to add another app to my already filling phone to get to my appointments, but for now, that will have to do.  Thanks anyway.  

userX2YxzTKCXA
Astronaut

I agree. I think it's actually a pretty weak response from Samsung. And I'm quite irked that I've now lost these calendar records. 

usern9F0S4EwsE
Astronaut

This may be a bit late to help you. My sister lost all of her events on galaxy s8. i simply added an event to make sure her sync was working, after i entered the new event a screen appeared that stated you need to turn on notifications. i clicked the turn on button and puff the calender filled up with events. I hope this will help you

Samsung_NLqzjSO
Astronaut

I guess