JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calendar is deleting everything month to month

(Topic created: 04-15-2020 09:36 PM)
Samsung_EDfO6xR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Whatever you did to the calendar app please undo it! It is deleting everything from month to month. Not impressed with whatever update you did. I use my calendar constantly and now I can't stand it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there, it looks like the missing data was due to a bit of a conflict between the Calendar app and Bixby services. This should now be fixed and if you're still having this symptom I would recommend applying any updates to your Bixby application then creating and deleting a temporary reoccurring event within the Calendar application.

Any events you lost should be recovered then. I hope this helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there, it looks like the missing data was due to a bit of a conflict between the Calendar app and Bixby services. This should now be fixed and if you're still having this symptom I would recommend applying any updates to your Bixby application then creating and deleting a temporary reoccurring event within the Calendar application.

Any events you lost should be recovered then. I hope this helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
usernkI008h5r9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This did not fix things for me on my S8.

0 Likes
userMwK1eTdi5i
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The same thing is happening now on my Note 20 Ultra and my Tab S6 and this solution DOES NOT WORK. Everything in my calendar from before September 2019 had been deleted on the phone, but some of the data remains on the tablet. I didn't delete any of it and I need some of this data. What did you do to this app, Samsung? And what are you going to do to fix it? Will we be able to get our calendar data back? There are multiple threads about the problem and this is the only posted solution, but it clearly doesn't fix the problem for all of us.