cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Calling names aloud

Hi hoping someone might have an answer for this, I've looked everywhere. 

Is there an option on the S7 to have callers names read aloud through a bluetooth. I've looked everywhere on the phone. Am I blind?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Constellation

Re: Calling names aloud

Have you tried looking in the accessibility menu under interaction and dexterity in answering and ending calls
Constellation

Yes. Neither of those areas have an option for reading names. The only place I've found it is under the settings of voice assistant but it doesn't seem to do anything

S7 with what OS? Andriod 9? 10..??? there are a few options for that yes. do you just want them read when using the Bluetooth period or just when hands-free useage? just caller ID names or numbers and not notifications, reminders, alarms, messages, voicemails... ect?
Constellation

Hi yes s7 with Android 8.

I just want it to call out names for when people are calling through my bluetooth.

do you use a service for call monitoring to scan for possible scams and stuff like oh what's that one.. hiyu??? something like that or through your carrier? and just the names of callers calling when they are a saved contact or all names, if available, for all incoming calls?
Constellation

Not that I know of. It's my work phone. I haven't added any 3rd party app that scans. I just want it to read my contacts, I don't need the names of unknown callers

it is tricky to set up and work the way you want using the assisant and in the accesabilities permissions and the best way is using a third party app or service type like I posted about so I'd know if you need to download an app or just adjust the services. ... can search in the store "talking call ID", there are loads of free and paid ones, and most off them offer that specific feature even on their free or lite vs. easy set up, some need permissions
some need the phone accessibility to run... not that it's a bad think but I'd suggest skipping those ones, I can give you a few suggestions to check out if you want? I can also walk you through how to set it up to work ok using the assisant if you really want to?