JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calls Keep Getting put on Hold

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 06:00 AM)
userVKHsvYJYgI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I am talking on the phone (S10+), it keeps putting the call on hold randomnly. I was thinking it was my cheek doing it, but on the new UI you have to hit the three-dots in the top right corner and then hold call, and I don't see how my cheek is doing all of that by accident. Is there another way to put calls on hold that might be causing it?

23 Replies
userDZ2fvkM8Tz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 and fixed it by replacing my sim card. I was a bit surprised that this worked but am just happy to share here in the hope that it helps others with this very annoying issue.

0 Likes
userSSCBboMuR2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found my samsung galaxy A5 2017 was for 4 years since I bought it in 2017 almost all the calls during talking on my phone it was going into "hold " and then it  played music to the other party.  I tried to find out from samung without success. I then got an idea & I searched Google for a sensitive screen fix & found I had to make sure I had plenty of charge in my battery, dial on my phone screen numbers *#2663# and then I was able to update the firmware for my mobile Phone, then Keyboard & then screen. It doesnt have this problem anymore.

0 Likes
Mascher22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and I believe this happens when I inadvertently tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the call screen with my ear while on a call, and then inadvertently tapping "Hold call" the same way. 

It's frustrating, since it takes 10-15 seconds to realize when it occurs - or longer if you're speaking for a long time and then don't hear a response from the person with whom you're speaking.

I want to believe it has to do with the screen not shutting off, or with the proximity sensor waking up your phone and making the screen active during a call BUT there are no apparent settings to disable the screen that work, and disabling the sensor would require techy skills I don't have.

Of course, using a BT earbud or using Speaker Phone avoids the problem but doesn't eliminate it, and neither are practical solutions for using my mobile phone as a PHONE - which, above all, should work reliably and consistently as such without annoying issues like this!

0 Likes
phyllisadelle
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm here because of the same problem. I'm not even touching my phone, it's on a holder and it continually puts my mother on hold. I've never noticed it was anybody else I'm talking to. I don't think she has a Samsung. But on my end it shows she's on hold. I didn't even think it could have been my phone but now I'm wondering.
0 Likes