JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calls Keep Getting put on Hold

(Topic created: 04-02-2019 10:36 AM)
userVKHsvYJYgI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I am talking on the phone (S10+), it keeps putting the call on hold randomnly. I was thinking it was my cheek doing it, but on the new UI you have to hit the three-dots in the top right corner and then hold call, and I don't see how my cheek is doing all of that by accident. Is there another way to put calls on hold that might be causing it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the symptom is still occurring in safe mode I would recommend having the phone evaluated by a technician. You can do so by visiting a local uBreakiFix location or you can send me a private message here and I can get you set up to send the device into our service center.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

23 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this occur when the device is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userVWPxCI506q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I too have the same issue, brand new s10+ first 2 calls ive made has done it both times, running the latest OS.

userN3pMQROzOA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have new s10 that is having the exact issue.  Will this be fixed?

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried testing the phone in Safe Mode or with a third party dialer? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001188/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjiy1fopfzK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes it continues to do it 

Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the symptom is still occurring in safe mode I would recommend having the phone evaluated by a technician. You can do so by visiting a local uBreakiFix location or you can send me a private message here and I can get you set up to send the device into our service center.

View solution in context

userEquV1x4zDx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Once i turn this option off from "motion and gestures" inside "advance settings"

It solved the problem

Hope  this works with you too

userVIxEt1Q57I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userEquV1x4zDx wrote:

Once i turn this option off from "motion and gestures" inside "advance settings"

It solved the problem

Hope  this works with you too

That worked on my phone. Thank you so much!! 😜👍

Venky108
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Spent multiple days researching internet, but no resolution. I am using a Samsung A70.

Also, no help from Samsung Customer Service as well. Just continued to use with a head phone all the time.

But, I recently realized, when I removed the phone cover and talk directly using the phone this issue didn't occur.

Can you any one of you confirm below:

When you faced this calls going ON HOLD issue, while talking over the phone pressed against the ear: - Were you having a mobile phone cover or was it without a cover.

I sense that the issue is because of the phone cover (some local make) and when I used without a cover, this issue DID NOT occur.

Would appreciate your feedback by trying this without using the mobile cover and let me/this forum know.

Regards,

Venky.