cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfyYFttyVzU
Constellation

Camera saves pictures as .jpg but PC says they are .png

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my S5 when I take pictures and then email them to my PC, they show up in internet explorer and .jpg files.  However every time I try to open them I get an error saying they are actually png.

The exact error message is as follows:

Warning!

The file: "D:\<path to image is shown here>\imagename.jpg" is a PNG file with incorrect extension !

Rename?

If I continue I can open and work with the picture but this error message is an anoyance.

Can anyone tell me why I see this and how to fix it?

Doug

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Camera saves pictures as .jpg but PC says they are .png

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userfyYFttyVzU. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
The image should be a jpg file, however it's being converted over in the email process. If you plug your device directly into your computer using a USB to Micro USB cord, you will be able to move the pictures as jpg files without having to rename them or open them in Paint to resave them in another format.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userfyYFttyVzU. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
The image should be a jpg file, however it's being converted over in the email process. If you plug your device directly into your computer using a USB to Micro USB cord, you will be able to move the pictures as jpg files without having to rename them or open them in Paint to resave them in another format.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userfyYFttyVzU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you"

Where the heck is this Accepted Solution you want me to click??

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's part of Viv's signature, and is always posted there. If you did find a post to be the solution you're looking for, you can make it so by clicking the "Accept as Solution" green text box that's normally to the left of the blue "Reply" box. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.