cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userK2ldIwOIJg
Constellation

Camera stop functioning s7

I have tried clearing cache and soft boot in safe mood, wiping the phone twice and have only been able to get the camera to function for a few minutes then when I close it, the camera crashs again.

I have looked all over and I cannot find a solution.  It is Samsung's software, has anyone figured this out?  

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera stop functioning s7

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since the troubleshooting steps you have already tried haven't corrected the issue, I would recommend having a technician at a UBreakIFix repair center take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing. Make sure prior to having your device evaluated, back up all of your data.

userK2ldIwOIJg
Constellation

Did you actually delete my reply?

Prototypedc
Asteroid

You could try a full factory reset but I would say looks like it's time for a new phone

userK2ldIwOIJg
Constellation

I have reset twice.  I believe that was the point for crashing our cameras was for us to sell new phones.

Z3PHYR
Explorer

Keep your phone.

Try this *#0*# in the phone app and go to number pad.

This will do diagnostic on your phone.

userK2ldIwOIJg
Constellation

I did it, it just says camera not working diagnostic test complete.  I didn't expect it to say, " Samsung sabotaged s7's in an effort to boost sales". I dont think there is a fix, unless I can roll back the patch.  It is a software issue that many people are having.  Apple did the same thing and it worked for them, so Samsung will do it as well.